• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Cartoons

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
THAT'S ALL FOLKS... FOR NOW...HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY AND BE SAFE OUT THERE...EL GORDO
El Gord You certainly rekindle memories of event's from 40 + years of "Working in the Bush" . Many didn't seem so funny at the time . Your Humorous lean on things related to the West Coast Forest Industry in your time in the "Woods" sheds a different light on those memories and a smile on my face . From my prospective , things in the Forest Industry are going to Hell in a hurry . But to those now starting out in the Forest Industry , these will be the "Good Old Day's" . I hope there is someone around to see the Humorous side of things when those fellow's are our age . Well Done !

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I was enjoying this thread... Til the NRA cartoon came up and turned my stomach. You guys north of the border may have given up your rights... I won't. Been a life member of the NRA since I was a year old thanks to Dad. They aren't the best we have at times to protect our rights, but I still stand by them.
Some stupid people think they promote gun violence... No they do not.
Anyway, my last visit here.

hvy 1ton

I was enjoying this thread... Til the NRA cartoon came up and turned my stomach. You guys north of the border may have given up your rights... I won't. Been a life member of the NRA since I was a year old thanks to Dad. They aren't the best we have at times to protect our rights, but I still stand by them.
Some stupid people think they promote gun violence... No they do not.
Anyway, my last visit here.

One of the funny things about Canada is it is easier to own 'cool guns' than here. Short Barrel Rifles, Short Barrel Shotguns, etc, take the same paperwork as a normal AR-15. Which is a chunk of paperwork up there, but still less than getting NFA tax stamps. There are a bunch of restrictions on what you can do with those guns, but I always found that odd.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
One of the funny things about Canada is it is easier to own 'cool guns' than here. Short Barrel Rifles, Short Barrel Shotguns, etc, take the same paperwork as a normal AR-15. Which is a chunk of paperwork up there, but still less than getting NFA tax stamps. There are a bunch of restrictions on what you can do with those guns, but I always found that odd.
Wasn't my point.

Welder Dave

I think tougher restrictions on who can purchase/own what type of guns would go a long way. Too many are getting into the wrong hands. My dad was a master marksman and competed in many NRA sponsored events in the US. When he lied about his age to join the WW II effort, he took a couple shots and they said he didn't need any training. They told him to go the kitchen... to peel potatoes! He transferred to the Air Force because he didn't want to be a sniper. Training in planes he hit the target so they extended it. Head instructor thought nobody was that good so went up with him. My dad fired a few rounds into the target and then turned the guns down and emptied the rest of his ammo because he didn't want to peel potatoes again. He was the tail gunner in a Halifax bomber and the only survivor. He was blown out where the tail wheel goes up. His key job wasn't to shoot German planes down. It was to warn the pilot of other aircraft. His crew had a rule that they wouldn't let any aircraft (enemy or allies) fly directly behind them.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I think tougher restrictions on who can purchase/own what type of guns would go a long way. Too many are getting into the wrong hands. My dad was a master marksman and competed in many NRA sponsored events in the US. When he lied about his age to join the WW II effort, he took a couple shots and they said he didn't need any training. They told him to go the kitchen... to peel potatoes! He transferred to the Air Force because he didn't want to be a sniper. Training in planes he hit the target so they extended it. Head instructor thought nobody was that good so went up with him. My dad fired a few rounds into the target and then turned the guns down and emptied the rest of his ammo because he didn't want to peel potatoes again. He was the tail gunner in a Halifax bomber and the only survivor. He was blown out where the tail wheel goes up. His key job wasn't to shoot German planes down. It was to warn the pilot of other aircraft. His crew had a rule that they wouldn't let any aircraft (enemy or allies) fly directly behind them.

Really? and just why? More regulations and laws wont do sh!T, except punish law abiding gun owners like me. Never shot anybody and don't intend to.
So REALLY... Tell me why you think more regulations on honest gun owners will make a difference? Come on, Tell all of us.