• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Locktite Copper. The red label or grey?

emmett518

Which Amazon locktite copper antiseize do I want? There is a red label and a grey one.

thanks.

Last edited:

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
I think the one is more the retail, auto store, packaging, we always get the C5-A labeled bottles from our industrial suppliers.

56wrench

I use Jet-Lube Copperkote. It seems to be the most common around here. Or for stainless hardware Jet-Lube Nikal

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Won't make any difference, either one will end up all over everything- except for what you want it on.

View attachment 247356

UGGHHH like this -

hydrocide.jpeg

There can be 1 open bucket of Hydrocide on a 1,000 acre job site that I'm on the other side of and I will get it on my pants, then all over the drivers seat of my truck by the time I get home..:rolleyes:

Should be called "Homicide" as you'll want to kill somebody after using it..:confused:

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
UGGHHH like this -

View attachment 247373

There can be 1 open bucket of Hydrocide on a 1,000 acre job site that I'm on the other side of and I will get it on my pants, then all over the drivers seat of my truck by the time I get home..:rolleyes:

Should be called "Homicide" as you'll want to kill somebody after using it..:confused:

You ain't lying there. We put that crap on a foundation for a new radar site in B'ham and it was all over the place whenever someone got close to the container.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I use Jet-Lube Copperkote. It seems to be the most common around here. Or for stainless hardware Jet-Lube Nikal

I've used the "Jet-Lube" moly paste for several years on stainless hardware and it does a great job of keeping either 304, or 18-8 stainless from galling when it's tightened down.

The C5-A Loctite product was always used when grounding or bonding was to take place and it worked well there. Again, using stainless hardware.

Tinkerer

The last time I bought Loctite anti-seize I couldn't find copper. So, I bought aluminum. Good Lord ! that stuff gets on everything within a 100 yards of the can.
Sadly, the container seems like it will never go empty.