• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loam Prices

dsgsr

Occupation
Anything I can make $$ at.
Whats Loam going for in your area? I've got some aged loam some as young as 6 yrs and as old as 30? 40? yrs (old stump piles). I'm screening it down to 1/2" and it's coming out nice (black gold;) I've called five other contractors and the average price is $25.00 yrd delivered. My ? is, if this loam is aged and 1-pile I have added Lime and manure. Wouldn't that make it worth more or is loam-loam. Should I ask more? I'm in Franklin,Maine so would be nice to hear from someone around me also.

Thanks,
David

heavylift

Sandy loam topsoil around here is 15 bucks a ton at the sand plants...this is the dirt of the top of the sand....
I don't know the cost of it delivered... I suppose you could add another 10 bucks a ton to get a delivery price... i don't think that's too far out of line

Only reason I know is the price list on the wall at one of the sand plants

It's run thru a small screening plant at one place...

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Whats Loam going for in your area? I've got some aged loam some as young as 6 yrs and as old as 30? 40? yrs (old stump piles). I'm screening it down to 1/2" and it's coming out nice (black gold;) I've called five other contractors and the average price is $25.00 yrd delivered. My ? is, if this loam is aged and 1-pile I have added Lime and manure. Wouldn't that make it worth more or is loam-loam. Should I ask more? I'm in Franklin,Maine so would be nice to hear from someone around me also.

Thanks,
David

David--If your calling material from old stump piles loam,that is incorrect--that would be compost,and if it's aged,that's why it's black,which is very good.I too market my composted horse manure as BLACK GOLD,sometimes I also screen it.Anyway, for what it's worth as I'm in the Hudson Valley in NY,I get $25 a yd.picked up for unscreened,$35 a yd for screened.Delivered app. $10 more per yd.

Loam is a form of topsoil,usually sandy and around me, basically rock free,but not as potent as a richer ,heavier,and darker farm topsoil