• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
We didn't see many of those logging fronts down here. We did build a few of those tilting covers behind the cab. Those cab guards were kind of an expensive joke. I bet that machine weighed more than 100K.

Tugger2

Thats the old Ritchie Bros. Yard in Surrey under the Patullo Bridge. It wasnt uncommon to see Dave Ritchie in the crowd getting all the boys pumped up to spend big bucks. Whether you went to buy or just look it was always a great day hanging out there, see guys you knew from way back. No internet bidder pulling the rug out from under your feet ,just a real auction.

Tugger2

We built some excavator to log loader conversions in the late 80s . A good customer we had was importing Hitachis from Japan and we did the hack n slashing on them. I think we did about a dozen machines of various sizes . widened and raised under carraiges, raised cabs ,built cabs ,straightened booms on some of them. It was good work ,somtimes constrained by the customers demands but we designed and did it all on the shop floor.img954.jpg img959.jpg img958.jpg img953.jpg

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
We built some excavator to log loader conversions in the late 80s . A good customer we had was importing Hitachis from Japan and we did the hack n slashing on them. I think we did about a dozen machines of various sizes . widened and raised under carriages, raised cabs ,built cabs ,straightened booms on some of them. It was good work ,sometimes constrained by the customers demands but we designed and did it all on the shop floor.

One of the things I took away from the woods when I quit to go into the electrical trade was the idea that you make, build, invent whatever you need if you have the desire. The word can't just wasn't in the woods vocabulary.