• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

hoechucker

Wood that big is a pain in the butt with any processor. I'd take the size wood you're in over the really big stuff any day especially for, this redwood is so brittle. You have to be very careful loading the smaller ones or you just end up with a bunch of chunks. Fir you can get a little more western with.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Is that yours, hallback? We don’t see a bunch of link belt out here on the east coast.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't know Curtis but worked with Jay when he was at NC. I think he stepped up when he took the job with Triad.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Thanks.
It's pretty quick. It's close for sure. Stick boom needs some tweaking but so far it's very good to excellent in all categories.

hoechucker

Nice. We don't have too many link belts in our area. I e of our contractors has a 4640 and said I could try it out but I haven't got around to it yet. I've ran a few 4040s at the Eugene log show and a couple 3740s at another log show and from the little I've run them I like them and rlthe cans are very user friendly