• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loader Tire Repair Remove Install Tips Please

trekkers

We do repair our tire ourselves here and we do use basic tools only plus making a tire cage for safety reason which can hold our very old LeTournue Crane.

Just patience when doing tire so you will not do it twice

salvagesavage

get a tire guy out that does it everyday- not expensive -watch how he does it .then you will know how to do it !!! theres a hydraulic bead breaker that makes it a snap

superdutyII

tires

I have the best way is to take the wheel off the tractor we use a slide wedge and it works well I use a small forklift to do all the lifting and putting it back on the tractor. Hope this helps

tctractors

The big easy for myself doing tyre work came with the tubeless tyre, plus the handy little 3 ton or 5 ton mini diggers I can push off rims and rubber easy on dump trucks,but i have been doing it for hell of a time, the weight of tyres has changed over the years, some old Rubber inner tubes and flaps would be near the weight of the casings (tyres) that you get these days due to the lack of natural rubber in there build up, the CAT style wheel is very common on a wide range of equipment, this has a safety wedge that has to be hooked up correctly before inflation, a 23.5 case pressure is usualy around 50 psi, if you go shoving things at the rims like excavators always make sure the steering locks or safety bars are in place, tyre work is tough going in earthmoving, but its worth getting your hand in to save cash and time.

czarinaB

Fixing a flat tire is one of the most common bicycle repairs. I personally recommend replacing a tube when you get a leak, but that is not always possible. If done properly, a patch will work just fine. Here’s how it’s done.
Required Tools

For this tutorial you’ll need a patch kit, a set of tire levers, and an air pump. Your patch kit should contain a few different patch sizes, sandpaper or a metal scraper, and a tube of glue.

czarinaB

A flat tire is a deflated pneumatic tire, which can cause the rim of the wheel to ride on the tire tread or the ground potentially resulting in loss of control of the vehicle or irreparable damage to the tire. A tire that is leaking air can really put a damper in your day. While an extra tire can always be a short-term solution, repairing the tire with a patch or plug can help extend the life of your tire. Patch vs. Plug; The best way to repair your tire. Just remember, you should not plug the sidewall of your tire, only the section of the tire that actually hits the road. The benefits of a plug include that it is fast, cheap and easy to install, even when you are at the side of the road.

tireman

Ditto to what the others said, call a tire guy, without the right tools you won't get it done. To switchout 4 tires on my kawasaki a few months ago the tire guy was here for 7.5 hrs and he knew what he was doing with the the right tools

If he took 7.5 hours to change 4 tires on a loader,he is a very poor serviceman,has **** poor equipment or both.That's all I've got to say about that.

Last edited:

tctractors

On a site this Tuesday that had a tyre Co out to swap all 6 Volvo A25 tyres, the man took about 2 hours to complete his job, I did notice he swapped the 3 tyres on the 1 side first, then spun the dumper around to do the other side, with his tyre truck set in 1 position, there was no bead breaking tool used only the end of the crane jib to poke off the beads,it was best described Impressive how the tyre man hardy seemed to struggle with anything, he was inflating 1 wheel while stripping another, he was very switched on to his job.

tireman

On a site this Tuesday that had a tyre Co out to swap all 6 Volvo A25 tyres, the man took about 2 hours to complete his job, I did notice he swapped the 3 tyres on the 1 side first, then spun the dumper around to do the other side, with his tyre truck set in 1 position, there was no bead breaking tool used only the end of the crane jib to poke off the beads,it was best described Impressive how the tyre man hardy seemed to struggle with anything, he was inflating 1 wheel while stripping another, he was very switched on to his job.

There is a man who knows what he is doing:thumbsup:salute.Until you've seen it first hand,you cannot appreciate the difference between "getting the job done" and "knowing what you are doing."