• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loader Controls on 580B CK.....Removal/clean/fix/paint (Pics)

1968 Case 580CK

Well, I just had to remove all the hand control linkages on my 1968 580CK since most of the old cotter pins were rusting and ready to fall out, and there was too much slop in the linkages. (There were no washers to stiffen up the operation.....not sure if washers were added when new, and maybe someone forgot to put them back in during a repair?). I also want to sand/prime/paint all the components, and they just had to come off to do it right:

Couple pics before removal:
April 2015 Case Repairs 688.jpg

April 2015 Case Repairs 689.jpg

All the parts/pieces off and ready for final sanding/primer/paint:

April 2015 Case Repairs 717.jpg

April 2015 Case Repairs 715.jpg

You can see the wear trench in the top of the "table top" where the round linkage rod was rubbing as it moved back and forth. By adding some washers, I can raise it up to stop this rubbing once and for all.

Im curious about the three valves. The loader control uses the left and middle one, and there is one with a cap on it to the right. Is this designed to take an external line here to run another hydraulic item? (Maybe for the front end loader with the optional pick-up teeth?)

Another alarming issue which I will let the experts answer is based on this pic:

April 2015 Case Repairs 710.jpg

You will see about a half inch gap on the left side of the lift cylinder mount. Is this normal, or a sign that I need to tighten the large nut on the outside?

Will update this thread with more pics/issues as I continue.

1968 Case 580CK

April 2015 Case Repairs 714.jpg

April 2015 Case Repairs 712.jpg

Also, one more cotter pin and I can remove this long rod (used to bring the loader back to level when dropped), and clean it and grease it before putting it back on. I would have thought there would be a grease fitting at the top, but there is none. I guess that the only way to keep it slick and happy would be to raise the loader bucket up and just squirt alot of oil down the shaft and let it soak all the way down before lowereing bucket.....was that the official Case protocol on this?

kevrobster

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm curious if you ever had any success with getting the controls and linkage tightened up. I have the same problem on my 1969. I have it apart now but everything is pretty worn. Not sure if there's a good solution. I had considered having a machine shop bore out some of the worn pieces to allow a small bushing to be pressed in, but curious if you came up with a suitable solution. I've see quite a few threads on your ck and you've done some amazing work! Love it!

1968 Case 580CK

Kevrobster......Hello, and thanks for the thumbs-up on some of my posts.....I hope all the pics and detailed info. will help others like you.
I guess I must have posted the detailed pics of my finished loader control in another thread. But i did manage to add some washers and get the controls working fine. If you look in my posts, there should be up-close pics of the hand controls, and the longer linkage. I did not need to drill out and add bushings....maybe mine was not as worn out as your ole 69. If I have time, I will look thru my restoration pics and try to post some of the controls here.