• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Link-Belt HTT 8675 or8690

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
Were looking at bigger cranes at work. We like the turning radius of the Link-Belt HTT truck cranes. I'm looking for feed back on them. Good or bad.
Thanks John

53cummins

we have a htc 8650 in our rental fleet and as far as i know it is a decent crane.... havent had much seat time in it but the regular op. likes it..... i dont know how much difference there is between htc and htt models just my 2 cents

JohnDeereBoy

Occupation
Laborer for K Construction
I hear the Link-Belt truck cranes are awesome. The new ones are real smooth. I hear the are one of the best truck crane brands out there. I see a lot of them in Northwest Indiana and Chicago.

JohnDeereBoy

Occupation
Laborer for K Construction
I can't tell from the distance that I see them if they are an HTC model or a HTT model. I know they are both awesome though, but I would try and expirience more of the HTT's if you like them. I am not an operator though. I am just an equipment enthusiast.

Revxracer

the HTC's are darn good cranes....not sure if a guy would gain much outta getting an HTT....just more things to possibly go wrong/break......in the past 5 years i've had my HTC 8690/86100 in a lot of tight spots.....if you cant get in a spot with and HTC, well you probably shouldnt be in there in the first place....if you drive through any softer ground and sink in a little bit, they don't have to terribly much ground clearance, and if you drag a little or get stuck for some reason, that's a lot of expensive steering parts back there that "could" get tweaked....(yep, a brake chamber has already fell victim to me getting stuck on a house set...whoops, haha).....i suppose there have been a couple situations where it woulda been nice to have steering in the back but, i still got in there without it.....and if it is that tight of a spot, your still gonna be roughly 27' wide with outrigger span....still have the mid-span option but, have to remember that your tail swing for the counter weights is just as wide as the outriggers at full span....mainly depends on what you plan to lift with it, and in what area.....do a lot of downtown city stuff need to weave in and outta streets, well then maybe the HTT would be nicer, if what you do varies, with some city work here and there, well then you'll be more than fine with and HTC...the HTCs go faster down the road....HTC's= 62-63mph HTT's = 55-56mph............

as far as 75 or 100ton........depends....
if you can afford an 100ton, i'd say go with it.....from a distance they look identical.....75 isn't that much smaller as far as length to get into places any easier......75 has 4 section 127' of main with and 64' swing away and 18,000lbs of counter weight.....100 has 5 section 140' main with 58' swing away, and 39,500lbs counter weight.......

we run our 100ton with a tandem axle dolly, carry all my counter weight with me, 20,500 on the deck and 19,000 worth on the dolly......if i know i'm going to a job where i know there isn't much room for the dolly and i wont need all my counter weight, i'll leave the dolly at the shop and runner down the road just like a 75 tonner..........

just my 2 cents i guess.........have any more specific questions, feel free to ask.........been in HTCs for 5 years now....