1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Like New antique

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by DMiller, Feb 21, 2021.

1. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
  2. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    Also VERY Pricey.

sled dog and Tinkerer like this.
  3. .RC.

.RC. Senior Member

Certainly is a rare machine. Diff steer. :D

Also the half worn out cutting edge is in near perfect condition.

I wonder how much salt water it has seen?

4. sled dog

sled dog Well-Known Member

Miller, I watched one sell 'bout 6 years ago new. I mean NEW, unused. Plastic still on the seat and winch. Paper factory shipping tags still on the blade face. Had been stored inside all those years. Had 2.8 hrs on the meter. The bidding started at 25K and went beyond the one you posted. Same auction had two 631's never had the edges in the dirt. Ahh, it's just tax money, right? Oh, and the reverse rippers are near standard on military...

DMiller likes this.
  5. sled dog

sled dog Well-Known Member

R.C., you read my mind...Diff steer my a$$ :p

DMiller and Buckethead like this.
  6. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    When I worked for the Cat dealer three D7 machines came out on a surplus in Anchorage or Fairbanks. Almost no hours and not enough use to knock the green paint off the blade. I guess the used manager up there got them and sold them fast. My boss at the time said they didn't ask near the money they should have.

DMiller likes this.
  7. tdrainage

tdrainage Well-Known Member

those are back up rippers - on a hinge where in forward push they swing free - when backing up with blade down rip the hard pan for the next push

DoyleX, DMiller, Pixie and 1 other person like this.
  8. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    The back up rippers, or at least the mounts, are very common to find on military units.

DMiller likes this.
  9. D6c10K

D6c10K Senior Member

The listing is from Midwest Military Equipment. They refurbish and sell lots of military trucks and equipment.

DMiller likes this.
  10. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

Military with a made in Japan serial plate? Smells wrong. A large number of army and guard D7F's were factory blessed re-manufactured at some of the dealers, we did a whole herd of them at Halton in Oregon about 20 years ago, new engine, new transmission (or remanned tranny but the engines were actually new specials). All new undercarriage etc. Some of them had less than a thousand hours on them from new, but were freshened up anyway.

DMiller and old-iron-habit like this.
  11. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    Not at all uncommon. When the miitary rebuilds or upgrades a machine, they do it to every one in that machine group. Does not matter if they are worn out or still brand new. Their reasoning is prepardness. If they are all the exact same, the parts will all interchange in a combat situation.

DMiller likes this.
  12. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
    These don't look like they are hinged. I saw a D6c with rippers hinged on the blade. It was great for doing hill country farm tracks as you didn't need to turn the tractor around to rip.

DMiller likes this.
  13. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    It is a little odd in that all the dozers I've worked on for the airfare were FiatAllis brand. It was explained to me by an Airforce officer is that the government takes the low bid no matter who made it.

DMiller likes this.
  14. GODSDOZER

GODSDOZER Well-Known Member

Dirt Contractor
    My D6D had reverse rippers on the blade as well. 75W series tractor

DMiller likes this.
  15. .RC.

.RC. Senior Member

DMiller likes this.
  16. LCA078

LCA078 Well-Known Member

here are a couple pages out of the military operator's manual for the scarifiers. i've looked at couple of the military D7's and I think one had them and one didn't. can't remember for sure.

Attached Files:

DMiller likes this.