1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Lighting and such

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by Dan O'Connor, Sep 22, 2022 at 2:12 PM.

1. Dan O'Connor

Dan O'Connor New Member

Hello, my facility has a Case W14B Wheel Loader, that I have been put in charge of maintenance since I have the most mechanical skills. I know that this unit is 24 Volt system, but does that include the lighting and accessories as well?
    I need to get the flashers working, as well as replacing some of the work lights. I'd like to replace all the halogen with LED's but wasn't sure if I could just wire them up to the existing wires.
    I'd appreciate any help and info.

2. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

Odds are that everything is 24v. Only you can verify, by measuring voltage at one of the lamps.
    Anything less than 2500 lumens in an LED isn't worth using as worklamps.

3. rockfarm

rockfarm Member

system should be 24 volts and yes it does include lights and accessories. I've changed out our machine's halogen lights for LED's. the LED's we bought worked from 9 to 32 volts. for work lights we did not go less than 80 watts and yes, less than 2500 lumens doesn't cut it for work lights. It should not be a problem to use existing wires.