• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr T282 Ultra Class Trucks

Aussie John

Occupation
Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
Has anyone on this site been involved with the Liebherr T282 haul trucks? I am currently working on a minesite here in Australia, involved with a fleet of more than 40 of these trucks. Also have a lot of yellow iron operating too.

alco

Unfortunately, we have a fairly large fleet of them too. Our old Cats and Komatsus are still going, and the oldest Liebherrs ( that are newer than the old Cats and Komatsus) are slowly being relegated to light duty on an east run.

alco

We have 25 of the B models, and they are terrible. We have 2 C models that we rent, and they are much better. If the 284 is as big of a jump from the 282C, as the 282C is from the B, then the 284 will be an impressive truck.

cb75

Is the Liebherr truck bigger than Cat's 797? And wasn't there supposed to be a truck bigger than either the Cat or Liebherr? Kinda remember it being built in Eastern Europe or maybe Russia?
I don't mean to hijack the thread but have some interest in these large haul trucks.

alco

Yes, the new T284 is a little bit larger than the 797F. Not by much, but it is a little larger.

The truck you are thinking of from Eastern Europe is the Belaz 75710, a 500 ton truck. I don't know if they have built many yet, but it sure is different.....and ugly.....realllllly ugly.

Brian

cb75

Thanks Brian. I do now remember the Belaz, there was a thread about it and after googling it I definitely agree that it is severely ugly! Yikes man, that thing has enough ugly to cause nightmares!

cb75

Looking at the Belaz from the front left angle it kinda reminds me of the IH 340 payhaulers. Payhaulers weren't nearly as ugly tho.