• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

LIEBHERR R942HD Good? Bad?

Sled Puller

Occupation
IUOE 66
Looking at one local, to build a few ponds around the farm.

Never ran that model, or manufactorer, good, bad, ugly? 1984 model.

Wulf

My guess is that could have trouble with parts supply and finding someone to fix it if you lose a pump or a swing/drive motor. Probably runs a Deutz engine. If its cheap, I would guess that its cheap for those reasons rather than there being anything inherently wrong in its design.

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
Parts are hard to get for those machines. Look for a Cat or something that you would normally see.

Sled Puller

Occupation
IUOE 66
Thanks, I was afraid of that. Its not much more than scrap price, I don't think I'll ever find a Cat for that little, that doesn't need major work. When it warms up, I'll run it, if it feels like I can get a year out of it,maybe I'll risk it!!