• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr Motor

Got a Liebherr PR712 Dozer in the shop. looking for a used motor. This is just a farm machine used occasionally. Cost to rebuild far exceeds the value of the machine. Anyone know where to find one in the US? Its a D924T-E
Thanks

crane operator

I searched ebay for liebherr d924te, it came up with one core engine at $6,000, and various reman kits at around $1,500. There aren't very many liebherr's here in the states, so it may be tough to find something.

I would also search in machinery trader under "dismantled machines". Specifically under liebherr and united states results. Most of the liebherr stuff I see is in the scrap metal sorting machines/ excavators, and you may find one of those with the same engine.

Some John Deere dozers are rebadged liebherr, and I don't know if your dozer has a comparable john deere model. If so, the parts will be cheaper from deere. Good luck!

Tenwheeler

About 20 years ago I worked on a Liebherr track hoe. Deutz needed a jug and piston. Patch job parts: rod and main bearing set, one jug, piston, 6 ring sets and gaskets were over $4,000.
Bought a new C series Cummins irrigation engine, shut down system, starter, alt and all for $8,000. Cost $400 to have a drive adapter made.
I would be looking for a repower option as well. Used combine engine or some thing.

Thanks for all the reply's. I think repower is going to be the way to go. Just looking on here as a last resort to try and find a used motor. the ebay kits looked like a scam to me. I also wouldn't trust the block to rebuild as the cylinder liner got loose and moved around like a bouncy ball in the block. I do have a IH466 sitting around I could repower with but was leaning more to a 5.9 or 8.3 cummins just need to see about getting the pump drive attached.

Shimmy1

FWIW, a 466 and an 8.3 are virtually identical dimensionally. But, only needing 100-120 hp, a 6BT is going to be a winner in my opinion. Probably will make you wonder why they pi$$ed around building their own engines lol.

Tenwheeler

Thanks for all the reply's. I think repower is going to be the way to go. Just looking on here as a last resort to try and find a used motor. the ebay kits looked like a scam to me. I also wouldn't trust the block to rebuild as the cylinder liner got loose and moved around like a bouncy ball in the block. I do have a IH466 sitting around I could repower with but was leaning more to a 5.9 or 8.3 cummins just need to see about getting the pump drive attached.
On my job I ordered it with the matching SAE flywheel housing. Then had a specialty machine shop make an adapter to go between the flywheel and pump drive. It went right together.