• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr LTM1160-2

Evans

Hello good people , complements of the new year. I have decided to go for a 2000 Liebherr LTM 1160-2 with all inspection
done 12/19 showing well maintained machine.

But i have never owned a Liebherr ,only Grove. kindly advise me on this ,any issues with Liebherr or LTM1160-2 in particular. i had loved the boom reach ,working radius .hope its a beast just like the grove '..

crane operator

I have a LTM 1080, and have been around a 1100 and 1300, and have been very impressed with all of them. I prefer their suspension system over what the Grove GMK's use.

Parts are expensive and a lot of it is only available from liebherr. But they have excellent factory support. Hydraulic and other hoses are all metric DIN fittings, which can make it hard to source hoses.

They are a lot more complicated machine than what the old grove's are, and I guess that would be my only concern, given your location.

Evans

Thank you Crane Operator, I thought as much on the suspension system and to an extent ,the boom system and its length is also impressive.

I think i would need to get some training for my guys from LIEBHERR and hopefully Inspections once or twice a year.No short cuts