• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr LR1280

egoman

Occupation
pipeline and heavy industrial pipefitter
Nice pic rous it kind of looks like my scenery off the right of way of the pipeline that I am working on. If this is true say Hi to pumpkin and rick and tell them its Shawn. I will have to work with you guys again some day.

Rous

Nah bud, diff area but worth a shot right to catch up with some old mates? with the amount of good ppl comin and goin in this industry we need our own myspace type deal to keep in touch with old crews, talk jobs/equip/rates....

n Lashlander, farmers love em gaurenteed $$ plus the power co's pamper the hell outta them. they dont waste much farmland at all after reclaim, well worth it for 500mw a pop without burnin any oil if you ask me. along with the good longterm careers a windfarm brings to a community i think its a no brainer. Go wind! :) to each his own though neways, thanks for welcomin me boys

Rous

yah no good, solenoid is toast for the cab-tilt, asked to have it replaced 2 weeks ago but u know how tht goes. all good tho, boys uptower do a great job calling pieces in so we slam em quick.

CheeseHead

Those dang windmills are sure wrecking a lot of good farmland.

I would have to agree with you, I've put up 100 or so of these and all the litter the guys throw around not to mention the hydraulic oil spilt all over their land. I was a little taken back on the lack of respect the guys had. That oil is now part of there crop for who knows how long.

The neighbors that didn't settle with the power company to get one of these wind mills played hard ball with us. We couldn't walk our one of four 16000's across there open frozen farm land. The job was over 10,000 acres.

Now the complaint is the shadow that these are casting on homes. I forgot the term they are using, but just imagine every second a blade shadow flickers in your house. Now they want no less than 1500' from a residential house.:usa