• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets see your "ultimate" service truck!

DB2

16CEED39-292F-42A0-A272-8E7A4426E486.png Thanks. It came with the crossover box and a roll off bin. I toyed with the idea shortening it but the extra space is always welcome. One tank has fuel and the other side is hydraulic oil. Our work is almost always on the side of the road so the length isn’t really a hindrance. Rides smoother as well.

BigWrench55

I find interesting that some of you guys are able to get a service truck from a cat dealer. Our cat dealer has the truck crushed, with the bed,crane ,and welder still on it. They don't want any of there competition getting it. Once when I was working there they were throwing out all service manuals and switching to a digital version. They hired a security guard to watch the dumpster until the shredding company got there.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
The second pic was last mud season in maine. I did 5 cat skidder axles for 1 customer in less than a month. Texas is agreeing with me though!

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I’ve had 3 maintainers and 2 IMT in my career. I thought I was die hard maintainer but the IMT’s have been tough and the support is exceptional. My crane controller died under warranty. They helped me diagnose it and then they overnighted me a new one on my word that I would overnight the old one back.

ahart

I’ve had 3 stellar and 3 IMT and hands down I chose IMT. I can’t speak for the brand new IMT but the older ones like my Dominator 2 with a 6025 crane are definitely tough. My CAS3560 compressor has been good too, keeps up with an inch gun pretty well. I worked with another independent guy that had a palfinger and the boom and body were nice, compressor wasn’t worth having. Be nice to hear from others that have palfinger to see what their opinions are.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Damn you all have had nice stuff!! My first last and Only Service truck was a Reading, built back in the day!!! Had that ton truck close to fifteen years and bought four years used, two engines three clutches, misc brake malfunctions and Gawd only knows how many tires.

ahart

I guess my very first service truck would have been an ‘89 D350 dodge with no service body, just a flatbed with a road box strapped to the side. Had a 4 speed manual and a 360 gasser in it, crank windows, no AC and a bench seat. Worked at a JD ag dealer and worked on quite a few combines in the field out of that unit. I guess those were simpler times but I sure do appreciate my kenworth now.