• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Let's see your toolbox...

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Mine was the same way. She figured it out pretty quick when I asked her which one would help make money. My dad bought a snap on box back in the early 90's, mom got mad that he spent so much so bought furniture the same week. She returned the couch and stuff, dad still works out of the same toolbox

It's hard for them to understand. It's hard to say how much stuff I've accumulated over the years. I still buy stuff, usually a good deal on some specialty tool when the opportunity presents itself. My wife now is pretty understanding. She sees what I do for a living so that helps. She doesn't go without either so all in all it works. Having a hard time convincing her that we NEED a boring/welding setup!

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I'm at the point where I don't want anymore tools. Don't even bother checking out the tool trucks anymore. The only thing I really have on my wish list is a good TIG welder.

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
Picked up this immaculate Snap-On KRL 1022 tonight. Bought it from the original owner who is an airplane mechanic. Super clean. I’m very excited to upgrade from my 10 year old Marco 4s box.

Attachments

• 6EC948E4-83F6-4F34-A139-C2FD625A1C38.jpeg
    6EC948E4-83F6-4F34-A139-C2FD625A1C38.jpeg
    790.3 KB · Views: 64

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I'm at the point where I don't want anymore tools. Don't even bother checking out the tool trucks anymore. The only thing I really have on my wish list is a good TIG welder.

I've got a dry rig, but nothing AC or high frequency. I use it to patch up hard lines, occasional fuel tanks and whatnot. I used to be really slick with it but lack of practice and hands that don't always cooperate makes TIG slightly challenging. Biggest thing is remembering to keep the left hand feeding the filler metal. One of those the left and the right hand don't know what each other is doing!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
RLU.. what kind of surgery are you performing in that room?? Lol
Is that "smurf pipe" air line, on the wall?
Nice lookin box..

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
RLU.. what kind of surgery are you performing in that room?? Lol
Is that "smurf pipe" air line, on the wall?
Nice lookin box..
Ha, it’s actually a small wash bay at the airport hanger where the guy works. Probably won’t find a cleaner shop atmosphere than an airplane hanger. Thank you.

Truck Shop

My pile of scrap iron, The top box I bought in 75 new for 88.00 from Mac. At my age I don't buy much anymore.

Truck Shop

004.JPG 005.JPG

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
The 1022 is a nice box. I'm picking mine up on Monday. It's second hand, but in immaculate condition. It has the wood butcher block top, but I'm going to get the stainless top like yours.

I've got the butcher block top on mine. Love it. You won't have to chase something across it if your trying to hold it or beat on it. Cleans up good too. Kinda like a trailer deck. Stuff doesn't slide as easy on wood as it does steel on steel.