• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Leica Rugby 100lr work with apache

chrisbowles

We are interested in acquiring a blade mounted laser system that is indication only. By which I mean it has an indicator not total blade control. Its seems the leica rugby 100lr will work great, but I want the apache blade mount indicator. Is the apache able to work with practically any rotary laser or do they have a certain type of laser they will corospond with. Any guys with experience with this or other models would love to hear your results.

Chris

Turbo21835

The apache will work off the Rugby. If memory serves me right, it will pick up strobe lights, so just put that in your memory bank if the apache goes goofy on you.

The Rugby is a damn good laser, that is what we have been heading over to. They take abuse, and keep working, and even are within tolerances. The apaches are great to put on a dozer, I had one dozer hand that used one for years. He was able to consistently get building pads within two hundredths, and that is according to the survey crews total station.