• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

left track slower than right cx36B

dennis e suffriti

I pulled the swivel about 1 1/2 weeks ago, the construction co. I work for has me going all over the state working long days , no time to work on case, plus it took about that time to get all seals and o-rings, got all parts today and of course I have to work this weekend, A case mechanic told me it could be the swivel when I told him about the hose change over with problem switching to other side. I have swivel all apart and really can't see any cut ,torn or damaged seals was really clean the case tec also said to check the relieve valve thats in that circuit , also he said check pressures right on the spool valve that runs the problem side. I really have to get going on this ,I just got a flail mower for this machine , I will post any news

Midnightmoon

Only one pump with two ports operate boom and tracks. One pump is pilot and one is blade. P1 and p2 are one pump. If problem moved it's not the swivel its most likely main relief or valve issue. Dead head boom sections related to p1 and p2.

Attachments

• Export.pdf
    429 KB · Views: 14

dennis e suffriti

Does any one know where I can get a quick coupler, pin grabber type new or used for my cx36b. Any body who sells them are out of stock and 6-8 week restock time

dennis e suffriti

Finally got all the seals for swivel and finally got some time to finish rebuilding swivel and installed it today, guest what it wasn't the swivel. I pressure tested right on the travel spool valve ports and got 3300 -34000 dead headed PSI. Can't be the travel motor because when I swamped left and right drive motor hoses at spool valve it changed sides.

dennis e suffriti

You can only balance the pumps at the flow controls on the pumps. You need a flow meter to do that or knowledge of the pumps and how fast things are supposed to run plus knowledge of the regulators and which adjustment do what. It isn't something most operators would know about nor should they attempt to adjust. Most of the time when pumps are out of balance it's because something has gone wrong inside the pump.
John you were right it was the pump , this is what they found, valve plate had deep grooving between ports, cylinder block had one deep score all around , swash plate balls had severe pitting, pitting of scockets in swash plate, the gear pump was good Thank you for your time Dennis

j21291

Finally got all the seals for swivel and finally got some time to finish rebuilding swivel and installed it today, guest what it wasn't the swivel. I pressure tested right on the travel spool valve ports and got 3300 -34000 dead headed PSI. Can't be the travel motor because when I swamped left and right drive motor hoses at spool valve it changed sides.

Any chance you or any other CX36B owners could give a brief writeup of how to remove the swivel joint? Do you have to pull the cab/canopy to get to it?

Mine appears to be leaking. I haven't worked on excavators much - not even sure how to pull the swivel out on this one. I can see the bottom of it by pulling the belly pan off. Am I missing an easier way to access the swivel? Taking to a dealer is out of the budget for me so if it's something I can do myself then I need to learn how. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on where to start.