• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Leaking final drive.

AndyB

Thanks for the schematic. However, that part number is not accurate to my machine for some reason!? That o-ring is far too skinny. Mine is much fatter. Like 4 times thicker. This is the part Cat keeps selling me but it is not right for my machine.

From the posts above there was another person with an E70B. Wondering if they also needed a fatty o-ring? A post above said that these drives are Nabtesco drives but that didn't help me source the o-ring either.

Coaldust- thanks for the warm welcome. Didn't realize this was a Kubota post. I saw "leaking final drive" and another e70b post and figured it was the right place. It appears based on the pics above that my drive is the same (or nearly the same) as the Nabtesco drives.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Serial # would be a great start. Could be several different e70b models out there.

Hopefully this isn't a Gray Market machine because that'll usually make things complicated.

AndyB

Here's some numbers I got off the inside of the cover plate (the metal plate that is held in by the wire ring and has the fat rubber o-ring around the inside: 810B-1008-0001 and 3G-10.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
1994 Cat E70B. Pin: 7YF07790
You're going to need the Japanese Parts Manual for that Serial Number. There is no information in the Cat online system for the 7YF-prefix machines. Don't worry about the fact it is in Japanese, the illustrations and the Pat Numbers will be intellegible even if the descriptions are not. It can be downloaded form the Cat Publications web site, but unfortunately it's not free.

1715483161890.png

AndyB

Here's the plate from the final drive itself. This didn't help me either unfortunately.

Attachments

• left final drive motor serial plate.jpg
    left final drive motor serial plate.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 6

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
So the part numbers out of the Japanese parts manual will yield results online but the parts will be foreign purchases I presume?
Not necessarily. The Japanese Parts Manual will produce "genuine Cat" Part Numbers that the dealership parts counter sales system will recognize. There's your first win right there. Where they have to be initially supplied from is neither here nor there as far as they (or you) are concerned, except for the fact that if they have to come a long way it will take more time. It could be that the particular Part Number you need is actually in stock somewhere in the US. The major challenge at this time is to actually identify what Part Number it is so that someone can start searching for the nearest one.........

The Parts Manual can be downloaded in Adobe pdf format by clicking this LINK, put XJBP9938 in the box then click Search. The whole process normally takes about 5 minutes.

AndyB

So I purchased the Japanese parts manual. According to that manual the part number for the fat rubber o-ring is: B74600436 (page 533) or Z441102600 (page 538). Both schematics look the same to me but since I can't read Japanese I don't know what the difference between the 2 part numbers would be. Regardless, both those numbers are referring to the fat rubber o-ring that goes on /around the outer final drive plate.

My leak is definitely coming out of the front plate where you fill and drain the gear oil from. When I took it apart the fat rubber o-ring is flattened in a couple places and I suspect that is where the oil is escaping by. Since the Cat 096-2138 o-ring was too skinny I put everything back together and sealed the outside with Suzuki gasket sealer. It's a "bandaid" and seems to be holding the oil in. The gears looked good inside so I think I caught the issue quick enough. I would like to fix this issue properly though.

Thanks for all the help here!

AndyB

If that wasn't the coolest thing! Screenshot the page and place inside Google Lens and Google Translate translated everything! Wow! Anyhow, it appears Z441102600 (page 538- bladed machines) is the fat rubber o-ring I need. Guess I'll give Cat a call tomorrow and see what they can find. My search online yielded no results.

Heymccall's part number for the 7I-2329 yielded results and the specs on it seem like they are correct. Stock on that o-ring is good and cheap (<$17) so it might be worth a shot!?

You guys ROCK so many many thanks for your time and patience with this! I got a laundry list of ailments with this machine so I will be researching/posting on this forum much more!

Thanks again! Andy

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Check your messages
That tag is the most valuable info you have.