• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

late 80's schmidtt airport brooms for sale ( 2) brother and sister

turfblazer

Occupation
semi retired drainage ,site work , eq operator.
need opinion's on what you guys think i should do? sell these out right ? put them back on auction? whatever?
heres the story. i'am a retired snow contractor mechanic and now i sub my-self and my equipt to others that do large propertys well last year i just ran myself and my loader that is fine ( but gets boring) then i seen these on the auction. well the mind starts spinning. i shred and sell top soil and figured in between during summer id turn one of these into a 3 plow with brine machine ( plow and brine at same time ) and the other into a snow blower. i've worked every buffalo emergency storm in the past 10 years , so i know a snowblower can sit but when its needed its big money !
anyway the day after i won the auction i had a mild stroke, well thats killed all my grand ideas i still do stuff but just can't get into this big a project by myself.
these came from the niagara falls airport they have never seen salt! they are low hour machines, 4wd, 2 detroit motors 1 is a straight 6 ( 671 blown and turbo) drives chassis and all aux hydraulics, 2nd motor is a v6 turbo it only drives the broom and the huge air blower.
they were sold on auction as not running. well after some tinkering i drove them both home down the road approx. 3-4 miles they ran great, steering, brakes, shifting,etc . after some more tinkering i actually sweep my parking lot with the one machine. enough said.
bottom line these are not loaders and cant stack snow but they can push just as hard and a lot faster and are a lot cheaper then a loader , screw the broom put plows on them, save the broom save some salt!!!??? whatever!!!?? parts them out ??? i want to sell these as a pair only, they are brother sister exactly alike, i have all the maintaince and repair manuals. tell me what you guys think !!!!

Attachments

• KIMG0024 (2).jpg
    KIMG0024 (2).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 1cc6e26334f5cc4e6d75a77a449b3df8.jpg
    1cc6e26334f5cc4e6d75a77a449b3df8.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 6853763f6155edd82a0ddeae91b41dba.jpg
    6853763f6155edd82a0ddeae91b41dba.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 236

turfblazer

Occupation
i've made a new member introductions post for your suggestions i didnt realize this was a pm area only.
so i guess i also need to add my email here for guys that might want to buy t1mower@verizon.net

turfblazer

Occupation
its been awhile and here comes winter!
someone must can use these, my health has not improved enough to work on these
come drive them make me a offer!!!

turfblazer

Occupation
bringing to top again. really need these gone. no way i want too torch these up. theres too many possibilities out there. they both run and drive !!!!

turfblazer

Occupation
hopefully my pics show up 12 new pics

Attachments

• KIMG0019.jpg
    KIMG0019.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • KIMG0020.jpg
    KIMG0020.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • KIMG0021.jpg
    KIMG0021.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • KIMG0022.jpg
    KIMG0022.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

turfblazer

Occupation
next 4

Attachments

• KIMG0023.jpg
    KIMG0023.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • KIMG0024.jpg
    KIMG0024.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • KIMG0025.jpg
    KIMG0025.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • KIMG0026.jpg
    KIMG0026.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3

turfblazer

Occupation
last 4 put on some big tires these would make 1 hell of a mud buggy,

Attachments

• KIMG0027.jpg
    KIMG0027.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • schmidt 1.jpg
    schmidt 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • schmidt 2.jpg
    schmidt 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • schmidt 3.jpg