• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lashed Out! - Bought new D11R

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
:wink2

Well I finally caved into the pressure....Do you think the 3 year old will like it??..the skid is his favourite

:bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri

Attachments

• new_D11R 002.jpg
    new_D11R 002.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,418

CAT245ME

Occupation
Cat 972H Loader operator
RyanCKing said:
What scale is that?
Ive looked around for larger replicas but havnt been able to find any.

Years ago a company called New Bright had out a line of caterpillar remote controled replicas, there was a D9L,D10N dozers, 245 excavator, 777B rock truck & a 992C loader, they were about 1:16 scale or bigger, check on ebay because there is often 1 or 2 up for auction, I have one of each except for the D10N.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I tried to post pics of my ih td 25c in 1:25 and the case 450 in 1:16, because the pc is too big i can't post it.... But I digress, if anyone is looking for construction and ag toys, hit me up, There is a good spot on my way home from work, very willing to hook you guys up. Alot of good people with solid info here.:Cowboy

DigDug

What is the most popular size people collect. I thought about buying some of the Case equipment but am new to it.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
1:50 scale is pretty much the most popular. I've been collecting for years, I have just about the entire Norscot Cat 1:50 series. Not counting many, many Ertl 1:50 pieces, probably 50-60 Ertl 1:64 scale Deere farming equipment models, and I do have a 1:16 scale Deere 650H dozer that is incredibly detailed. Steel tracks, the whole 9 yards. If I took a pictures of it, you'd swear it was a real piece if you didn't know any better.

Squizzy, I have the same D11R. I'm sure your son will like it, I enjoy mine :thumbsup

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I do have a 1:16 scale Deere 650H dozer that is incredibly detailed. Steel tracks, the whole 9 yards. If I took a pictures of it, you'd swear it was a real piece if you didn't know any better.

He ain't lying. I got the same one. Its heavy too, probably atleast 10-12 lbs. My ol' lady works at the Deere dealership so I got it at cost but it was still expensive. Well worth it though because of all the detail. :yup

Cascade, you know they came out with a Precision Loader this year? Theres also another Precision model due out before Christmas that I'm not allowed to talk about :nono .

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I've been trying to locate some of the newer models, I'd like to get every one in the series. Any websites you know about? The Precision series is awesome, but expensive. I think I paid right around $150 for the 650H.

Countryboy

Occupation
If you go to a Deere dealer they should have a small book with all of the scale models in them. These books are free and they put a new one out every year. They list every model sold including the Precision models. If you can't get one just get back in touch with me and I'll see if I can send you one :yup . I'm sure there is a website with them on there but there ain't nothing like something you can put in your pocket and look at anytime you want. :bouncegri

On Edit: I checked the Deere site and they have a few models but not all. I'll try to get ya the book.

Last edited:

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I've been trying to locate some of the newer models, I'd like to get every one in the series. Any websites you know about? The Precision series is awesome, but expensive. I think I paid right around $150 for the 650H.

As far as websites, the best I can recommend... if I am allowed I'll have to review the rules again... would be dhsdiecast.com they sell just about everything under the sun and then some.

JDOFMEMI

Jim is on it.
If you are looking for diecast models, dhsdiecast.com is the best. Great selection, best price, and always pleased with the service. :thumbsup

Just dont call them toys:nono

Countryboy

Occupation
Jim is on it.
If you are looking for diecast models, dhsdiecast.com is the best. Great selection, best price, and always pleased with the service. :thumbsup

I agree :thumbsup. DHSdiecast is a reputable site and a great place to buy models :yup.

Please keep in mind though that buying models from a shady or less than reputable dealer will cost you $$$ and all you may end up with is a knock-off piece of plastic. Been there, done that and the fuzzy feeling is just not the same :mad:.

DigDug

Thanks for the info on diecast. I am headed over to that site to see if i can learn something. Would like to get some for office.

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
:eek: Now thats detailed.

But aren't the tires sposed to be black. :rolleyes:

jimmyjack

Years ago a company called New Bright had out a line of caterpillar remote controled replicas, there was a D9L,D10N dozers, 245 excavator, 777B rock truck & a 992C loader, they were about 1:16 scale or bigger, check on ebay because there is often 1 or 2 up for auction, I have one of each except for the D10N.
i had all of them,they alos had a cement truck (i think it was a autocar). they were fun,just u had to run around chasing them cause they only gave you three feet of cord to the controler,and you couldn't use the bulldozer on the rug cause it would spit the track every time you went to turn tight with it:Banghead :Banghead but who cares when your 10 years ago it was fun :D