• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Laser grader attachment

Hysert

Looking for some opinions on laser graders? Will be running on a Kubota SVL95... I'm currently looking at the top 3 IMO... levelbest, bobcat grader and bobcat box blade grader... any input from real world users would be great...

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would look at Smart Grade out of NZ. Found them at Conexpo. They sell in the USA with support. Come to find out several have been sold a couple hours from my location. Much better built and smarter than Level Best. It will be my next laser grader attachment. I have the BC grader attachment and it is excellent, but I don't have it lasered up, but I really like the attachment.

Hysert

KSSS cant seem to find smart grade? I'm leaning towards the BC grader as its duel slope compatible, and LEvelbest pricing is out to lunch!! and also gonna use earthworks go... I'm hoping with earthworks go I wont need to deal with skidsteer solutions super controllers, really dont want a extra set of joysticks in the cab... will be contacting BC Monday

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I run a Cat BB124 on our 2 279D's and love it. It's set up to run single and dual plane although we mostly use it for leveling building pads.

Set up the laser receivers on the masts, plug in the wires and controller and hit auto. It has made fine grading a pleasure instead of a time consuming PITA.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You may have some issues making the BC compatible with Kubota. I am not sure that Kubota has enough electric switch capacity to run it without add on switches or controls. I am sure it is doable, but likely wont be a simple plug and play set up.

Hysert

The sharp box looks comparable to the others out there, email sent, thx for the reference!!
CC1995 that cat grader is a levelbest design I believe? Nice it works great...
On the BC grader I believe the main communication issue with Kubota and others is the side shift option? Hence needing the Skidsteer solutions super controller... regardless on side shift the BC grader will require a 7 to 14 splitter plug from what I've researched, which is available...

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
I am in the same boat, but it looks like going with the laser grade system by Davids Dozer, the man is a eccentric but his system is rock solid after seeing it first hand. biggest thing for me was being able grade and not have the tires out in front plus the fact I live only 20 min from his location. I'm going to be putting this on my 333g deere I plan on doing a nice in-depth review once I have it on my machine

when I went to see him about the unit he let my father and I go into his shop, small location but had allot going in there, he was setting up a new Wacker Nueson machine with his system and lieca laser. he didn't hesitate to show me on his personal deere how the install would work on my machine and what I would get as well letting sit in the cab and run the controls. and since my 5 acres are so close he brought over his machine so I could see how the system would work first hand.

Attachments

• wacker nueson dozer.jpg
    wacker nueson dozer.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 56

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would be interested to hear what the thoughts are on that 50 sized WN. The spec sheet is pretty impressive.

grandpa

I've had about the same setup as CM1995 has in the video above. I bought it all new as a unit from my Cat dealer. Like CM said they put the pleasure into final grading but.......... The cement guys all want you doing their grading. Then one day they get so used to you having it perfect they lay their form boards and stakes out and redi mix trucks lined up waiting for you. Then it happens, it goes down. Now wtf..... talk about pressure. I still won't be without one, but I make the cement guy schedule a day late or I don't grade for them. I'm too old for that sh*t.

Hysert

I have pricing on a sharpgrade box $50k plus up here, levelbest 43k, bobcat to much BS.... and waiting on landpride/kubota one? No super controllers or 7 to 14 pin adapters etc, plug and play duel slope... they look somewhat flimsy compared to others! Waiting for pricing

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I have pricing on a sharpgrade box $50k plus up here, levelbest 43k, bobcat to much BS.... and waiting on landpride/kubota one? No super controllers or 7 to 14 pin adapters etc, plug and play duel slope... they look somewhat flimsy compared to others! Waiting for pricing

Paid just shy of $30K for the Cat blade, laser system installed, telescoping tripod and dual plane laser.

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
Paid just shy of $30K for the Cat blade, laser system installed, telescoping tripod and dual plane laser.
Im in the same boat as hysert everyone is quoted me 40 to 50 k with the David Dozer system being the most expensive one in the level best being in the middle and the skeer system being the cheapest

bdog1234

I just bought a Sharpgrade and had it installed last week. It is nothing short of amazing. It has the wheels out front which you need for really precise work but they can also fold back out of the way if you want to run like a dozer or need to get close to things. They put a lot of thought into the design and it shows. I spent three years researching the various options before I settled on this one. The blade is super rigid with their linkage design. Zero slop in it. Many designs have the blade mounted in the center and pivot off that. This one does not. The hydraulic cylinders are mounted near the edges and and the blade can move up and down independently on each end.

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
i went with the David's dozer system and honestly i couldn't be happier. the system works flawlessly, the sharpgrade you mentioned looks solid but, the front tire for me is a deal breaker, the way i see it with our dozers we get such exact grade that honestly our road graders are pretty much just for covering up grouser marks at this point. i don't expect this to replace our grader or dozer but for parking lots and building pads i couldn't be happier. im going to make nice in depth video on my likes and dislikes on this system now when we make a new turn lane and get ready to grade for the base for asphalt at a 711 we are doing the site work on now that ive used it a couple times and figures it out

Attachments

• 20200806_191026.jpg
    20200806_191026.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 49
  • 20200818_141511.jpg
    20200818_141511.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 48