• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Largest dragline left may become a park centerpiece

MetalDragon_boy

Occupation
Work for the Swedish pharmacy
The machine op weight is over 13000 met tons. Dont know the exact number.

And yes, ATM means "at the moment.

MVFD

Hello. MVFD.
With all due respect, what you think I meant to say and what I meant to say are two entirely different things. I meant to say exactly what I said in my previous post. The fact that I said it does not automatically make it right and I am always open to correction - without getting uptight about being shown to be wrong. And I thank you for the correction.

My EX-wife thought she knew better than me what I meant to say, or what I ought to be saying, or how I ought to behave, or who my friends should be. THAT is why she IS my EX-wife.

Hi, MetalDragon Boy.
13,000 metric tonnes converts to 14,330 U.S. tons which would still give the record to The Captain at 14,800 U.S. tons but as you said, 'atm' which I am guessing stands for 'at the moment'. And that is still a pretty fair piece of hardware in any man's language. Thanks for the link.

I wasnt trying to offend you or "know better then you" just trying to correct you. I had watched both machines on Mega Machines on tv one night and thought that your numbers may be a little low. so I started looking for the specs on the machines. it's all good no worries. and Im sorry if it came across a bit offensive.

If you put The Captain beside Big Muskie, the captain would looks small beside BM with out a doubt. the captain just happens to be a smaller heavy weight then BM.

But then they are two completly diffferent machines as well. no doubt they are both monsters!!! in any terms.

MetalDragon_boy

Occupation
Work for the Swedish pharmacy
Hmm she didnt make it.. they are scrapping the Silver Spade this week. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

From Don Campbell model site:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/375573858_fb38b435e0_o.jpg

"Here is the last picture Steve Netta took last year of the working Silver Spade. A couple months later it broke down and Consol Energy decided to pull the plug and scrap it.
Steve is a member of the ( HCRHP), Harrison Coal Reclamation and Historical Park . They have restored several old mining machines over the years. They tried to buy the Silver Spade and the bank approved the funds for just under 3/4 of a million dollars. But Consol Energy came back and decided the reclamation of the ground around it and the scrap value of the steel was $2.5 Million.
They did get to buy the 105 yd bucket and they think they will get to buy the cab. Hopefully they will also get to buy one of the crawlers.

The first of this week the demolition crew cut the 105 yard bucket off it. By the end of this week they are supposed to use explosives on the gantry and bring down the massive boom. Steve said they did their best to try to purchase it and said it is very sad to see it get cut up."

345cl

Occupation
excavator operator in the sewer bussiness
spade update

well we all new it was coming,,i seen the first picture of her today,,,very sad site to see
picture from stripmine.org

Attachments

• 1_bucket.jpg
    1_bucket.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,701

1570BEGrdman

You guys should check out the pic Gallery #9 is of a drag line falling off a highwall and they a several pic of them on there sides. I would have never guessed that there is a rollover risk running a few mil ton drag line...:eek:

I run the bench dozer for a 4000 ton 1570 BE dragline, and I've seen it slide around just like a car on ice. If a little bit of mud gets under the tub it'll spiin real easy. It'll walk over mud no prolem, but you need to give yourself walking room to drag the mud off of the tub before digging. You do that by skimming the mud off the bench about a 100ft before u get to your dig face. The bench that dragline was on was not sloping away from the highwall like need be. They don't slide uphill. ;);)

Reactions: DB2