• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

large collection in Tacoma will be sold soon, stop by and check it out before it goes

skyking1

The co-owner of Williams Oil Service in Tacoma loved toy tractors and trucks, and he filled the shelf tops at the store with them for decades. He passed away this summer and his family wants to close that chapter.
These are a few pictures to give an idea of the magnitude of the collection.
PXL_20231026_224053949.jpg

PXL_20231026_224049220.jpg

PXL_20231026_224046353.jpg

PXL_20231026_224043517.jpg

skyking1

This first picture, look at all the different top shelf collections. I did not try to get an angle on them all.
a real camera and lens would be handy.
PXL_20231026_224217918.jpg
he liked the construction equipment too.
PXL_20231026_224144483.jpg

PXL_20231026_224118151.jpg

PXL_20231026_224205957.jpg

skyking1

Thanks @Old Growth for that. I only see the aisle tops and those go on and on.
Just to be clear these are not for sale here. They are just going away soon and a person could stop by Mon-Fri and just admire them a bit in person before that happens. They don't seem to mind.
We have had an account there since before I started with this outfit.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Thank you for sharing Sky. Outstanding collection.

Wore out one of these out in the backyard as a kid building roads and cities. Good times.

JD backhoe.jpg

Had the obligatory Tonka truck, Tonka wheel loader and the JD dozer however the ERTL JD backhoe was the boss. IIRC it was a 410?

Old Growth

SkyKing, usually if ya ask they will show ya all the ones behind the scenes too. The old owner has rooms at home of BRAND NEW ones also.

He sold the bizz, but kept the toys and the new owners continued to display them. Thats how I was told/understood it.

It wont be the same to go in there and get supplies.

crane operator

Thank you for sharing Sky. Outstanding collection.

Wore out one of these out in the backyard as a kid building roads and cities. Good times.

View attachment 297456

Had the obligatory Tonka truck, Tonka wheel loader and the JD dozer however the ERTL JD backhoe was the boss. IIRC it was a 410?
And now you run all that CAT equipment?

I had the ford industrial version. I think it may be in mom's basement yet. Too poor to have a ROPS.

ford backhoe.jpg

Crummy

Good 'ol WOFSCO. I was buying from them before they moved down to the grocery store. Sitting on the stool reading the log truck paper waiting....
Best filter and hose shop ever back in the day.

skyking1

Yes the location up on the hill was cool. My buddy worked at a propeller shop that was near there. All that industry in that little wedge of the hill went away. They don't give us any price breaks on the account but admittedly our volume is stupidly low. I'll keep signing those tickets.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
And now you run all that CAT equipment?

I had the ford industrial version. I think it may be in mom's basement yet. Too poor to have a ROPS.

View attachment 297472
I've got one of those too, lives in what I call the house of tractors on a shelf with other treasures. Found that particular treasure in the trash when I drove residential garbage route.

crane operator

I've got one of those too, lives in what I call the house of tractors on a shelf with other treasures. Found that particular treasure in the trash when I drove residential garbage route.
Be careful with the loader side. Get a little carried away and the bucket curl will get off the tracks, then you'll have to give it a good smack to get the nubs back in the tracks on the arms. It's probably not the quality JD unit that CM1995 had.