• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

L785 Hdy Motor Rebuild

Rob20

Is there a comany that rebuilds these Hdy Motors?
thanks
Rob

Welder Dave

I have Char Lynn/Eaton motors on mine and was told it's not usually economical to rebuild them. I guess it depends on what's wrong but most times there's internal damage if the motor is leaking or has no power.

Rob20

After using the machine to move some dirt it sat overnight and when started the next day the right side would not drive forward or backward. I kept messing with the right control and if finally stated working after making a clunk sound like a shaft spinning and then catching a gear. It would work until turned off and when started up again it would act the same. I jacked up the right side after letting it sit and you could turn the right drive wheels easy with no resistance from the Hdy motor. I checked the filter screen and did not see any metal, so kept using it until it finally stopped all together. Upon checking the filter screen again it had a significant amount of metal pieces in it.
upload_2020-7-7_14-33-19.png

Welder Dave

Could it be the pump instead of the motor? Looks like you'll have to go through the whole hyd. system to clean it if there's metal in the screen. Not the best outcome for sure.