• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

L70G614248 14957hrs Engine RPM does not rise more than 1600rpm

Se.la

Occupation
Technician VOLVO, old heavy machinery
It all started 1 week ago, a few times a day the engine has a max RPM of 1600rpm, I shut off the engine and restart it and everything is ok, this happened 2 or 3 times a day, but yesterday it happened 20 times . No error code appears when the problem occurs in the display. I have checked the code recorded in repair mode and PSID96-01. I checked the solenoid of the fuel rugulator = 3.2 Ohm Has anyone seen this problem before? Regeneration works well Stall test = 2090rpm Trans and Hyd Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20211222_121953.jpg
    20211222_121953.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 17

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Sorry, I missed this post. First thing is check fuel filters. Make sure they're clean and tight. Don't use aftermarket fuel water separator with factory Volvo bowl. They will suck air. I don't know why, it just happens. Use factory Volvo filters. Look over the supply lines from the tank to the lift pump. Look for any collection of damp dirt. It's probably fuel. If there's a seal, replace it. Check the back side of the lift pump for the same kind of fuel smelling dirt. If the pulley is loose or dirty, it may be sucking air. The error you see is low fuel pressure in low pressure circuit. Less than 70 psi or 4.5 bar.
Good luck

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Just to add to FwF's things to check. These are a few other
Possible causes:
○ Damaged wire harness or connector
○ Defective rail pressure sensor
○ Leakage in high pressure fuel system, check the following components:
Fuel pressure relief valve (PRV)
Fuel rail pressure sensor
High pressure fuel pipes
Fuel injectors
Fuel nozzles
Fuel rail
○ Defective fuel control valve (FCV).
○ Defective high pressure fuel pump.
○ Defective camshaft lobe
○ Insufficient fuel supply

Se.la

Occupation
Ok, thanks for the information, First I will change the fuel regulator next week, the resistance is not in the specification, I will give you some news later.

Thanks

Se.la

Occupation
no , ppid235-12, 3 times . ppid270-9 , 1 time

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
ppid 235-12 is "stop switch used for engine shut down"
ppid270-9 is the "Nox sensor signal is missing" Nox sensor SE2513 (last sensor on the dpf filter)
i don't think either would effect the current symptoms.....although it depends how long the Nox sensor has been disabled, because this would effect the Regen system i would have thought, and that in turn could be blocking the DPF filter but i would have thought that would have brought up separate fault codes?