• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KW spring suspension

sandnsnow

Occupation
adult babysitter
I have a early 80's W900 transfer dump truck with KW spring suspension. Well over several million miles the hangers and springs are shot. I can locate the springs but the hangers are really expensive from KW. They have wore out almost to the outsides. Does anyone out there know where I can get a new set. I think they are manganese? or somthing similar. Has anyone ever welded these back up? Is that even a good idea. I would change the whole set up but I dont want it to change the height of the truck as it needs to reman the same for the transfer box to transfer in. I like this old truck and would like to keep it on the road.

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
I am not familiar with a KW spring suspension. Could you post a picture? KC Truck Wrecking or Spaulding in Spokane may have something. Or aftermarket from Euclid.

Last edited:

Auctioneerhere

I would try Mid West Truck parts in Billings, MT ask for John, he knows his stuff.

They part out a bunch of trucks, so they may have some off ready to go.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
I just replaced one hanger on my 88KW dump truck, it has walker beam suspension. I got the spring and hanger from my local truck parts shop
You might call these numbers, but you will need your Vin number and the hanger part number (if its on it) also what kind of suspension? Rayco, Hendrickson???
If I couldnt find the hangers, I might consider taking the hanger to a machine shop and get them to install bushings, to fit the new pin. Last resort, but not highly recommended, you could weld the new pin in place, you will need a good welder to do these

Hunnings Inc Truck Parts 252-638-5356 ask for Lynettee, she is one of the owners this is for new parts

Greens Auto Salvage 919-242-6154 this is for used parts

Both of these places will ship to you

Good Luck

DiamondLTruckin

Occupation
Truck Driver / Mexican Dragline Operator / Mechani
I get alot of stuff from Holst Truck Parts in Ucon, right outside of Idaho Falls. 208-522-1788 Shane is the manager chances are good he can get you what you want.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
If you mean wore out to the side like I think you do.No welding there.Weakens them, but the big thing.The DOT will scold you with a big ticket maybe a pretty red tag.

sandnsnow

Occupation
adult babysitter
If you mean wore out to the side like I think you do.No welding there.Weakens them, but the big thing.The DOT will scold you with a big ticket maybe a pretty red tag.

Yes that is why I am trying to fix them. They have not said anything about it yet but Im sure they will soon. I will try some of those numbers and see if they can come up with anything. It's not rayco or Hendrickson it is KW stamped on them with leaf springs. Not a walking beam ect. I will post a a picture of it tomorrow when I go to the shop and prepare to plow some snow.

sandnsnow

Occupation
adult babysitter
I am not familiar with a KW spring suspension. Could you post a picture? KC Truck Wrecking or Spaulding in Spokane may have something. Or aftermarket from Euclid.

Called them both last week with no luck.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Yes that is why I am trying to fix them. They have not said anything about it yet but Im sure they will soon. I will try some of those numbers and see if they can come up with anything. It's not rayco or Hendrickson it is KW stamped on them with leaf springs. Not a walking beam ect. I will post a a picture of it tomorrow when I go to the shop and prepare to plow some snow.
Might be the same as Rayco.I'd check and see.The welds on some parts are illegal by DOT rules too.But you should see some that I have seen.Looks like a welder got drunk and went to burning rods for fun.