• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota svl95-2s problems??

Snowjudge

Can anyone share their problems with this machine? So I can look for anything that will keep me or anyone else from having unscheduled down time.

here have been mine to date.

I own a svl95-2s with 400 hours and seem to have had every code thrown known to man. I have had code thrown in the hundreds of times and dozen of limp modes active.
(1.) was the clamp on the line to the turbo came off. I lost boost threw some codes. Off to the dealer. They placed some band clamps repurposed from another manufacture on it as a repair. Kubota since came out with campaign to replace old with revised hoses. I hear they are on a major back order.they also stated they updated software in computer.
(2.) was air filter assembly. Threw codes, limp mode, took to dealer.
Again new Kubota campaign to change complete revised air filter assembly along with changing engine oil, filters and updating computer software. Kubota then sent me a coupon that stated I could go to any dealer and receive two engine oil filters and two air filters for my troubles. I went to dealer and was told that Kubota has not been honoring their own issued coupons and that the dealers are to issue two filters and document by hand writing on the coupon. Then give customer coupon back coupon and notify customer to bring back after one year to claim the other two filters. I know this sounds silly but I sat with the lady at dealership while she was on phone with Kubota. So I know this wasn’t just the dealer yanking my chain.
(3.) this time it threw a lot of codes, almost all of them. I noticed relays clicking when key had been off for hours. In limp mode I took it back to the dealer. This time it was def fluid injector froze and broke internally in which it pumps def fluid to wiring connectors and wicks def through wiring harness reeking havoc with corrosion until it makes it into the ecm and scrap it too. They Change all of that and update software in computer to fix issue.
(4.) this time I get it back and burn a 1/2 tank of fuel before it throws a couple codes and instantly goes into limp mode. Take it back to dealer and ask them to plug it into theircomputer. They tell me I will need to leave it. I give them a little frustration and explain they need to look at it NOW . They find out that the overflow tube to the def tank is located directly above tank and has vented def fluid out at some point and has corroded the header making it throw false def fluid quality codes. They order the parts on Thursday and have them next day aired. Only problem is the following Monday still no parts and tell me tracking states it will be Wednesday before arrival. On Tuesday they end up borrowing a tank from a new unit and getting me back. They informed me that they had redirected the vent tube to drain/vent down away from the machine and critical components.

With all of these occurrences they have issued no loaner machine and had to order parts and repair costing me a week without a machine each and also made me loose an 8 hour job @$125 per hour. Plus my time shipping this machine back and fourth to the dealer.

although I did price a new Kubota thinking I may have a lemon. They told me $20,000 and my machine for same model new. That’s $50 an hour on old machine. Might be more economical to go to cat and bobcat and just rent then to own a machine. ♂️

Last edited: