• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL90-2 code E:9107 repair?

Tags

So I was running my machine all day and as I was finishing up it showed the exclamation point in the red triangle and was reading code E:9107 - which is intake air pressure sensor system - all it shows in the book is the code meaning and then “Immediately contact your local dealer”. So my question would be is there anyway to tell if it’s just the sensor or is it something else? Would like to finish up tomorrow and don’t really want to head to the dealer with it unless it’s absolutely necessary. Thanks for any help.

Tags

Sorry, totally forgot to mention that, checked both air filters and they are fine, they were new 50 or so hours ago as well. Was the first thing I checked. Did not check the inlet, but machine continued to run fine with no loss of power or weird smoke from the exhaust.

Tags

Check the inlet this morning, no issue there, started the machine up, no code…go figure. Seems like it could be a wonky sensor?

Tags

Code came back after running the machine for about 10 minutes, not sure if it’s ill advised to run this way but it seems to be running just fine, the temperature gauge isn’t doing anything weird and no weird smoke or power issues as well.

Tags

Just wanted to update. Machine ended up not going into regen due to the code, then sent up a bunch more codes, but I realized what was going on before it derated and got it on the trailer and to the dealer. They replaced a boost sensor (I think that's what they said) for the turbo, but of course that still wouldn't allow it to regen, but "it was bad and needed to be replaced". Fair enough. They started looking over the wiring harness and I imagine they knew where to look, because they found two spots in the wiring harness where the wires had rubbed and were grounding out. It was right behind the air filter housing. They patched the wires and put it all back together and it's been fine since I picked it up.