• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL75-2 tracks to the left

Rentalstop

We recently purchased a Kubota svl75-2 with just under 900 hours. It went out on rent as soon we got it. It's back now with the left side drive is really lagging. The right is fine. It requires constant corrections and slows the machine down.
Not sure if anyone has any ideas or has a service manual. Let me know your thoughts.

DIYDAVE

Before draining, I'd check track tension, see if its the same on both sides...;)

mikebramel

Any new hoses installed or fresh oil residue on the filler? You can check pilot pressure going to the travel pumps, make sure they are equal

mikebramel

Where do you see engine loading. I'm reading travel speed needs constant correction as one side is lagging.

But these posts are all in ass uming lol

Rentalstop

Changed final drive oil, no shiny particles.
The tracks appeared to be tensioned correctly. But the left/lazy side did make noises. We suspected a possible bad idler dragging the track down. Removing the track, the grease shot out from this side. This track was over tensioned for sure. While the track was off and the machine on blocks, we ran the controls. The right drive gear spins at twice the rpms of the left. We had also noticed that the lag did not affect the drives when in reverse. High or low speed forward lags, reverse is fine. The noises went away when the tension was corrected after reinstalling the track.
Kubota dealer was no help over the phone. Took the machine in today. When I get there, service manager says, it's probably a plugged screen in the pilot controls. I almost loaded it back up. Not sure why he wouldn't tell us that over the phone. Left the machine, hopefully it is that simple.

DIYDAVE

Might also be a kinked or failed hose. Check any that have tight turns...;)