• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL questions for owners

koselig

If you own an SVL90/SVL95, can you tell me if it fits in a standard 7' overhead door opening? I know the spec says it is just a hair under 84" (83.4") but I am wondering how that works in practice. We are building a new tuck-under garage with limited space so I am going to try to spec enough track so the door could open without weatherstripping preventing a full 84" opening, but I don't know how practical that is.

I have seen the new Kubota SSV wheeled machines have the radiator on top of the engine, as opposed to behind the engine like the SVL's. Even with the tip-out, it seems extremely inconvenient to have the radiator in the way of critical items such as the battery, but does it work out OK in practice? I haven't seen anyone mention this as a major con, and this surprises me.

Thanks!
Patrick

Legdoc

My SVL90 with 800 hours on OEM tracks measures 83 1/2" at the back of cab which is the tallest point.

Legdoc

Yes, I have a 32' tandem dual GN and a 20' BP with 7 k axles pulled with a 2006 Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 6 speed. Both trailers are 102" wide. SVL 90 just fits due to the tires on the 20'.