• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL 95-2 with AFE SS ECO Mulcher

verretro

Is anyone on here running a Kubota SVL 95-2 with AFE SS ECO Forestry Head or know anyone running with this set? I have the Compact Track Loader and I just bought this forestry head, but now, have trouble locating the hoses.

No one around here has anything like this, or I should say running this set up. So my local dealership is having an issue locating the connections for the hoses. There is the Kubota Quick connection to basically connecting the end of the hose to the skid steer. But my dealership is having a hard time getting the information for what type of connection is needed on the end of the hose, to marry it to the quick connection.

So I would appreciate if anyone can give me some guidence, if they know, of knows someone who does know.

Thanks in advance

Tags

I know nothing about running a mulching head but I would think a quick call to AFE may be better than the dealer and you guessing. I do know that the less restriction you have the better, it will keep the hydraulics cooler.

verretro

I know nothing about running a mulching head but I would think a quick call to AFE may be better than the dealer and you guessing. I do know that the less restriction you have the better, it will keep the hydraulics cooler.

Thanks. I am dealing with Jon at AFE. They dont sell the hoses but he reached out to someone, so hopefully I can get something going quickly.

dneedelman

Is anyone on here running a Kubota SVL 95-2 with AFE SS ECO Forestry Head or know anyone running with this set? I have the Compact Track Loader and I just bought this forestry head, but now, have trouble locating the hoses.

No one around here has anything like this, or I should say running this set up. So my local dealership is having an issue locating the connections for the hoses. There is the Kubota Quick connection to basically connecting the end of the hose to the skid steer. But my dealership is having a hard time getting the information for what type of connection is needed on the end of the hose, to marry it to the quick connection.

So I would appreciate if anyone can give me some guidence, if they know, of knows someone who does know.

Thanks in advance

If you were to bring this set up to the dealership do they have a hose machine? If not your local Caterpillar dealership should have a hose machine. It shouldn't be hard to figure out what size either JIC or British Standard Pipe fitting is on the AFE head. Be carefule when running this head on the Kubota, the cab isn't a sealed unit so you will end up with debris in the cab. I had a friend run a mower on a Kubota & cut through Poisin Oak & ended up in the ER since he was inhaling the debris.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
If you were to bring this set up to the dealership do they have a hose machine? If not your local Caterpillar dealership should have a hose machine. It shouldn't be hard to figure out what size either JIC or British Standard Pipe fitting is on the AFE head. Be carefule when running this head on the Kubota, the cab isn't a sealed unit so you will end up with debris in the cab. I had a friend run a mower on a Kubota & cut through Poisin Oak & ended up in the ER since he was inhaling the debris.

On the SVL's, it helps to keep the filter vent on the rear deck behind the operator closed when you're running in super dusty conditions. It recirculates the air instead of drawing in fresh. The fan doesn't blow as hard, but it does keep the dust down a bunch.

dneedelman

On the SVL's, it helps to keep the filter vent on the rear deck behind the operator closed when you're running in super dusty conditions. It recirculates the air instead of drawing in fresh. The fan doesn't blow as hard, but it does keep the dust down a bunch.

Good to know, my Cat D series is sealed up so I haven't had that issue.

f311fr1

You will need two 1 inch 4000 PSI rated hoses for high flow and one half inch hose for case drain. The quick disconnects are the standard flat face CTL couplers. Use couplers with female SAE O ring boss ports and flat face O ring adapters and female swivel flat face O ring hose ends. Any local Motion Industries ar Parker store should be able to help you.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
AFE can and will tell you exactly what is required and supply you with a detailed part number listing....confused ....I run AFE heads and they know their business well....ask for Jon and he will get you to the man in the know..

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Can someone what pressure the high flow curcuit on a SVL90 runs at.
Cheers