• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL 65-2 and 75-2 First Test Drive

billybonds

Went to my local Kubota Dealership and took the 65 and 75 for a whirl. I am looking for a machine for my 10 acre horse farm to handle snow/manure removal, grading and screening material, unloading pallets etc. I need to be able to travel down 8' isles between paddocks/barns and menuever through 8' gates. On paper, I think the 65 would be the better fit, but I dont want to find myself lacking down the road if/when I decide to branch out and do some side work. I've heard the 65 can do everything the 75 can, just in a slightly smaller package, but I want to be sure. I can also transport the 65 with my current equipment(10k flatbed), but the 75 will probably require and upgrade. I'm not opposed to spending the extra money for the 75 and upgrading trailers if there is a real legitimate reason to go with the 75 over the 65.

My impression after my first spin was.... Both seemed great, but I found the 65 to be quite a bit snappier on the control, enough to throw me off balance a little which then caused me to hit the controls again. I started in the 65, then went to the 75 and didnt experience it at all. I went back to the 65 and experienced it a lot less, but still a little. I assume this is something I would get used to? Or maybe there is a way to tune down the response a bit till I get the hang of it? I've never used pilots before, so the sensation was a little foreign, but because I use a tractor, the bucket control was great, so much better than the foot controls I have used and never got the feel for.

They will drop me off demo for the weekend, I'd appreciate any last minute input for I pick which one

Reuben Frazier

All I can add is that the bigger the better, you can always throttle back but not vice versa. I know it’s not much help but we run CAT’s and all the hydraulics speed/responsiveness is adjustable so that may be why the 65 seemed snappier however you will get use to all of them very quickly and anticipate the move coming n want more lol.