• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SSV65 EGR & DPF deletes?

7.3Powerstroke

Anybody know if its possible to delete the emissions equipment on Kubota skid steers? We just had our new SSV65 delivered today, seems like a really nice machine compared to the POS Cat 236D its replacing, but i'd love to delete all the BS before it kills itself. Engine is a V2607 tier 4 final, i know it for sure has a DPF but i haven't even looked at it hard enough to see if it has EGR. :duh The 236D was a 2 year lease we did, and when we turned it in last week with 500 hours it had already had several DPF related sensors and a wiring harness replaced. Our 236B and JCB 8040zts are both non-emissions engines so it'd be awesome to make the Kubota match.

mxsledder

I'm very interested to what others have to say as I've been very interested in doing this with my two excavators.
I did a DPF delete on my 2010 Cummins pickup and it was entirely different truck!
So far I haven't been able to find any info on anybody doing this on construction equipment.

Welder Dave

Did you buy it or is it a lease? I wouldn't think you can do anything to a leased unit or a machine under warranty for that matter either.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
We've got a 2012 Kobelco SK210-9LC with the Fiat-Iveco engine instead of the usual Hino that they traditionally had and it's had all sorts of troubles with the DEF system luckily they were covered by warranty but it was still down for about a month at the dealer's shop. We've looked all over the 'net for delete's but haven't had any success, seems you can find anything for pick-ups, semi's, and ag equipment but nothing for construction equipment. We came across an ad for 'DEF B Gone' a month or two ago and after having a salesman tell me they likely could set us up with a unit we were later told it only works on farm equipment by Taber Diesel in Taber, AB. So it's starting to look a lot like we might be stuck with this environmental **** killing engines and business.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipm...-case-new-holland-john-deere-fendt/1065490706

MDP

We've got a 2012 Kobelco SK210-9LC with the Fiat-Iveco engine instead of the usual Hino that they traditionally had and it's had all sorts of troubles with the DEF system luckily they were covered by warranty but it was still down for about a month at the dealer's shop. We've looked all over the 'net for delete's but haven't had any success, seems you can find anything for pick-ups, semi's, and ag equipment but nothing for construction equipment. We came across an ad for 'DEF B Gone' a month or two ago and after having a salesman tell me they likely could set us up with a unit we were later told it only works on farm equipment by Taber Diesel in Taber, AB. So it's starting to look a lot like we might be stuck with this environmental **** killing engines and business.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipm...-case-new-holland-john-deere-fendt/1065490706
I have solution for egr dpf and def for most all ag, construction, tractor and auto. pls contact with machine info and i can advise.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
We were told recently by Taber Diesel that system won't work on construction equipment.... I had a feeling they were lying because maybe the government is after them about it. Can you send me a pm with your phone number by chance?

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
In Canada there isn't one for off-highway equipment, On-highway equipment varies from province to province.

Ruger_556

How big is the fine if you get caught bypassing the emissions requirements?

Either $27,500 or $37,500 last I checked, can't recall which it was. It doesn't matter who does the work either, if I change the oil on it and don't correct the emissions system before returning it to service they can fine me. I no touchy anything deleted.

crane operator

Okay- say you have a tier 4 final piece of equipment, lets say skid loader. 5 years from now the electronics and emissions stuff is all haywire, not working, etc. Maybe the wiring harness burns, motor locks up, whatever. I buy it as salvage, pull the def, dpf, or whatever motor, and shove a 4bt cummins in there with a 12v fuel solenoid and a ignition switch, hopefully its pilot hydro controls, and I just make it all manual and ditch the computers. If I'm in California, do the emissions police come after me?

For Ruger_556- if you're just changing oil, how are you supposed to know what the emissions system is supposed to look like? How would you know if something is gone? and how would some gov't agency prove that you know its not there?

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
I don't believe there is a delete kit out or them (yet) We were doing bunch of snow removal a month or so ago with my buddies svl95-2/under 500 hours and could not keep that thing running. Had to disconnect the battery 6 times in one night to to trick the system into thinkin the egr/filter/re-gen issue has been fixed. Once we were done, off to the dealer she went. It amazes me how you get suckered into spending big time bucks into the newest and the greatest but it just doesn't last.

This emissions stuff is killing trucks and machines... I'm sure the dealers are happy with all the extra business. Seems like it doesn't matter what the brand, they ALL have issues.

chevy94

I don't believe there is a delete kit out or them (yet) We were doing bunch of snow removal a month or so ago with my buddies svl95-2/under 500 hours and could not keep that thing running. Had to disconnect the battery 6 times in one night to to trick the system into thinkin the egr/filter/re-gen issue has been fixed. Once we were done, off to the dealer she went. It amazes me how you get suckered into spending big time bucks into the newest and the greatest but it just doesn't last.

This emissions stuff is killing trucks and machines... I'm sure the dealers are happy with all the extra business. Seems like it doesn't matter what the brand, they ALL have issues.

Just curious, what ended up being the issue?

MDP

we have egr dpf solution for kubota engines pls message me with machine details

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I wonder if a legal theory could be developed calling this "regulatory taking."

Wikipedia: "Regulatory taking is a situation in which a government regulation limits the uses of private property to such a degree that the regulation effectively deprives the property owners of economically reasonable use or value of their property to such an extent that it deprives them of utility or value of that property, even though the regulation does not formally divest them of title to it."

Sounds pretty close to the situation.

This has been going on 10 years now, they have had time enough to figure it out.

gearhead82

As much as I would like it, I can tell you that the warranty on the engine is nullified if you find a way to delete the DPF.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Interesting question. The problem is that the unit is still useable even if it costs more to use. It isn't the same thing as a zoning regulation on land that prevents any use other than its native state.

Now maybe if it could be proved that the underlying statistics that the regulation was built upon could be disproved, such as the statistician in California who put together the arguments of millions dying prematurely due to diesel exhaust soot, then a claim I think could be claimed for the extra cost of purchase and operation. But then again that would take millions of dollars in research that the government and manufacturers would fight against.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
"Deprives the property owners of economically reasonable use" is the phrase I was keying in on.

When an O/O has one of these trucks that starts being a lemon because an injector tip starts to deform causing soot and dusting cylinders and damaging a catalyst and DPF and clogging EGR and crankcase filters, and this all has to be paid for out of his operating cash flow and bankrupts him. Sounds pretty clear cut to me?