• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota R630

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
Was at a dealer show and took a couple pics of the new R630. Factory reps told me Kubota is looking at expanding into bigger models in the future.

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 815
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 728

Tags

I have one, we use it as a yard machine primarily to load mulch, topsoil, and some crushed stone. I occasionally take it out of the yard for planting jobs to move trees around and to move some snow. Overall I really like the machine but there are a few things I would change. The number one thing I would change is the fact that it starts out in the highest gear possible, kind of, it is hydrostatic, so technically it's not a "gear" but it defaults to rabbit once it is started. Not to good if you have some guys that may run it that really aren't operators. Number two would be the sequence you need to use to disconnect the bucket with the hydraulic coupler, you need to make sure the auxiliary hydraulic button has been pressed, then press and hold another button on the dash while you roll the auxiliary hydraulic function on the joystick, annoying. Number three is the way it regens for the DPF is awful, it takes a lot to get this machine hot and the directions for the automatic region are awful and really quite vague at best, and it is next to impossible to get it to do a parked regen. When the light starts flashing I just lower the hydrostat to turtle and will turn a pile over for a few minutes until the light goes solid and then I will stop and turn the manual throttle up and just let the machine sit there and do its thing for 10 min or so. I imagine since it is technically a "yard machine" the fact it doesn't ever really run very long or get very hot isn't the best thing for it, I would think if it was out on a job it would be better for it.

Reactions: JGS

rondig

Occupation
excavation
We have a new one....nice cab...pushes good...but lacks a lot of options that real loaders have..and regen drives me nuts...also it is a little.slow