1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Kubota kx61-2 hydraulic problem

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by Kevin2466, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Kevin2466

Kevin2466 New Member

A71310E9-A6E0-4827-AECF-C4E31A4D6C24.jpeg I have an early 2000’s kx61-2. After sitting for a couple months I started it and the bucket curl doesn’t work, everything else works exactly like it’s supposed to. It has hydraulic pilot controls, I know very little about hydraulic controls, I would appreciate any direction on where/how to diagnose the problem

2. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day Kevin & welcome
    Can you operate the bucket cylinder in either direction?
    Kind regards
    Uffex

3. Kevin2466

Kevin2466 New Member

It doesn’t not work in other direction, when I push handle in either direction it gives no feedback. I pushed and held several minutes in both directions

4. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day Kevin
    The question is if the cylinder is at fault or the base machine, I am assuming this is a standard machine with no third party installations. If you are not sure, take some photos of the bucket lines and valve, post them here.
    See attached.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

Attached Files:

5. Kevin2466

Kevin2466 New Member

Thank you for your response, I do not believe it is the cylinder as it is not getting on pressure to the cylinder lines. I believe it is me of the valves, but am unsure how to diagnose which

6. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day Kevin
    You have pressure in the cylinder lines when you operate the bucket means the cylinder is at fault. Are you just making a guess or do you have the possibility to measure?
    To trouble shoot hydraulics it is necessary to have a pressure measuring device be it a anologe - digital or adapted pressure sensor, if you prefer to guess most probably you will make considerable work for no result.
    Look hard at the cylinder for any damage > can you hear fluid by-passing the piston, such points are good indication of where the problem is at.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

7. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Ommited to Hydraulic schematic
    upload_2022-8-18_9-9-14.png