• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota KX121-3 Aux Hydraulic Thumb Problem

waltzy74

Looking for some help with aux hydraulic thumb problem on our 2007 KX121-3 Mini. When you activate the auxiliary thumb it works if you lightly work the rocker switch on the control to the left or right. If you press too hard left or right it will kick out the aux hydraulics. It also sets a code 22 for left or 24 for right solenoid shorted. Once that happens you have to shut the machine down, start it back up to reset the code. So far this is what I've done to check it: I've checked resistance at the coils on both valves, 6 ohms (factory spec is 6 to 15 ohms) at both coils before and after running the thumb. I've replaced the rocker switch on the control handle. I've pulled all the connectors looking for corrosion - none found. I pulled the valves out of the hydraulic block and visually looked for cracks or debris. Has anyone else seen this issue? Any pointers would be great. The machine is usable the way it is, but very annoying using the thumb that way.

Last edited:

tdrainage

We have the same machine 121-3. Just put factory thumb on it a few weeks ago and had issues. We found out we had a solenoid was faulty - working only part time. They are located on the front left of the machine. Easier to take off blue body panel and unbolt solenoids. Frustrating to find as I mentioned - it would work 1-3 times and then just quit. May not be any help to you but that was our experience.