• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota KX121-2 hydraulic issues

Dhg07777

I have a Kubota KX121-2 mini excavator that is having some hydraulic problems. It was working fine and it sat for 3-4 months. Then I started it back up and the main hydraulics do not work. ( tracks, boom and bucket) The secondary pump that runs the blade and turntable work well.
we noticed a hissing/air sound on startup for few second and hydraulics work for mere seconds then it stops completely. sometimes hear bubbles or air in the hydraulic tank ( tank is slightly overfilled)
On the KX121-2 there is very little electronics compared to my KX121-3( newer model)

It seems like there is a main relief valve stuck open, allowing fluid toflow back into the tank at a high rate ? Hydraulics are my weak spot.....

Has anyone had a similar issue ?
Thanks
Don

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Dh
I taken a look at the schematic and those circuits you are missing is protected by the same relief valve it would seem that from the description your diagnostics are correct, the other circuits according to my schematic are serviced by the same pump with split flow, that being the case it is unlikely that the pump is the issue. I suggest remove and inspect the relief valve.
Kind regards
Uffex