• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota D1105

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The timing is set w/ metal shims under the injection pump.. no need to reset, just keep the original shims on the block.. DO NOT send them w/ the pump to be repaired..
I like to remove the side cover 1st.. sometime you find your problem right there & theres no need to go further. Remove the injector lines at both ends & set aside.. remove the fuel inlet line.
Then the intake manifold has to come off.. Its just a couple of bolts.
Then the 4 nuts/bolts holding the pump down & your done..
Whats the problem w/ yours??
ALL THIS can be done by the homeowner w/ just a couple of METRIC wrenches & sockets.
I see on ebay they have rebuilt ones for 450.00.. it can be done cheaper.. if you know a guy.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
1 thing I forgot to mention> IF the engine shuts off w/ the key switch, it means it has an electric sh-off solenoid on it.. some are external, meaning they engage the throttle or sh-off lever OUTSIDE the engine.. and some are internal, meaning they attach to the engine block & engage the engines internal control rack to shut the fuel off.. IF ITS INTERNAL.. you must remove the solenoid first, before removing the pump.. good luck & let us know how your making out..

jmooseg127

The head gasket went on the motor so I replaced the head gasket. The owner said that the machine had been sitting for 2 years and when I cranked it over to bleed the Injectors the fuel was a dark yellow so I replaced the fuel and the filter bled the lines and the motor started and ran for about 3 minutes and shut off and wouldn't start again I took off the injector lines and cranked the motor and nothing comes out of the pump

thepumpguysc

Occupation
aahhh the plot thickens.. those things are a bitch to bleed the air out.. if it has an electric shut off on it> take it out of the equasion.. IF it has an electric feed pump on it, make sure it works..Loosen the
inlet line and make sure you have fuel TO the inj. pump..

jmooseg127

The electric pump works fine and I have fuel right to the pump if I take the little bleeder screw out fuel pours out and the fuel goes back to the fuel tank through the overflow line