• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu WA30-3 loader very slow at moving

Pepe

Occupation
Retired
I own a Komatsu WA30-3. It starts easy but very slow off the mark. I understand these loaders are hydrostatic but need help as why it takes ages to get off the mark. Motor is fine; hydraulics work well but just need help on why its slow as takes ages to even go up a slight incline........

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I own a Komatsu WA30-3. It starts easy but very slow off the mark. I understand these loaders are hydrostatic but need help as why it takes ages to get off the mark. Motor is fine; hydraulics work well but just need help on why its slow as takes ages to even go up a slight incline........
Clutch pedal returning 100%? When was the hydraulic filter last serviced? Is the service/park brake fully released?

Pepe

Occupation
Retired
No clutch pedal as hydrostatic --- only 2 brake pedals & accelerator? I will check hydraulic filter. Yes park brake fully released. Once its hot it runs well. Hard to get parts for these as must come in from Japan.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Far left is de-clutch. It disengages hydrostat so that it doesn't work against the brake. ie, when lifting , stopped yet still in gear.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Warms up and runs better indicates plugged, dirty screens or filters. As oil thins, passage becomes easier. Total opposite of most HST complaints

coalrulz

I am not sure I have ever seen a little WA30 let alone a -3, looks like a cute little loader.

I was only able to locate a parts manual for the WA30-3, it show that machine has a torque converter with 2 speed packs and forward and reverse packs. From what I can see Komatsu went hydrostat on the WA30-5 machines.

1711937729246.png

Pepe

Occupation
Retired
Far left is de-clutch. It disengages hydrostat so that it doesn't work against the brake. ie, when lifting , stopped yet still in gear.
Thanks for that. I need to get more info on this WA30-3. I thought it was a brake???

coalrulz

Pepe,

Have you tried giving the Technical Service of Komatsu New Zealand a call? Bet they have access to a Shop Manual.

Below is from the Komatsu New Zealand website.
Do you have a technical issue with your Komatsu equipment? Our 24/7 technical support hotline is a one-stop shop for all technical support enquiries for all Komatsu utility, construction and mining equipment sold in New Zealand.

Phone us at any time for technical assistance; our support includes everything from answering a quick shop manual question, right through to a lengthy technical troubleshooting solution session. It’s simply a matter of calling 0800 00 4127 and selecting Option 5 “Technical Assistance”.

Pepe

Occupation
Retired
Pepe,

Have you tried giving the Technical Service of Komatsu New Zealand a call? Bet they have access to a Shop Manual.

Below is from the Komatsu New Zealand website.
Do you have a technical issue with your Komatsu equipment? Our 24/7 technical support hotline is a one-stop shop for all technical support enquiries for all Komatsu utility, construction and mining equipment sold in New Zealand.

Phone us at any time for technical assistance; our support includes everything from answering a quick shop manual question, right through to a lengthy technical troubleshooting solution session. It’s simply a matter of calling 0800 00 4127 and selecting Option 5 “Technical Assistance”.
Thanks Coalrulz for the info. I didnt realize Komatsu gave the info. I managed to download a manual on the WA30-3. I just found out theres a Komatsu outlet in my home town as well in NZ just built.....Ive had a few Komatsu excavators & theyve never let me down. The W30-3 yanma motor is the same as the PC20s which I had---great little motors....

Attachments

• Track April 1st 24.jpg
    Track April 1st 24.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 2

Pepe

Occupation
Retired
Seems the WA30 has 2 foot brakes. Am changing the filters & oil

Attachments

• WAbrake.JPG
    WAbrake.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2