1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Komatsu WA1200

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by Aussie John, May 22, 2010.

1. Aussie John

Aussie John Well-Known Member

Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
    Could not find any references to the WA1200 loader so here are some photos of these monsters. Approx 230 ton & coal bucket approx 40cu yard.
    The one up on stands was set up to pull the final drives/brake hubs off for brake piston reseal. Engine Cummins QSK60.
    John

Attached Files:

2. Chris5500

Chris5500 Well-Known Member

Plant Mechanic
    Peak Downs by any chance? Are those later spec dash 3 models John or have they simply had the updated air-cleaner mod?

Brake actuating bypassing the duo's and leaking externally at the hub or brake cooling bypassing the duo's and o-ring and over filling and diluting the finals and diff?

3. cummins05

cummins05 Senior Member

I loved our WA500s and 600 and the older 450s for loading trucks I ran an 800 but would love to take a 1200 for a spin.

I always wanted to go work down under but im scared of kangroos

4. Aussie John

Aussie John Well-Known Member

Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
    Chris, the wheel hub repair job was at Blackwater on their first 1200. Brake actuating 10w oil was bypassing the piston seals and filling the diff/final drives. Hubs got sent to KAL Brisbane for an upgrade. The other machine is at Goonyella. They are all dash 3s.
    John

5. MrKomatsu

MrKomatsu Senior Member

aw The Mountain Mover ...nice I pre delivered one my self......

6. ClevelandPusher

ClevelandPusher Member

very large loader.

7. Cat Dr.

Cat Dr. Well-Known Member

Diesel Fitter
    Good bits of gear!

8. BigDiesels

BigDiesels Member

Reliability Engineer, AngloAmerican, Capcoal
    SMS Equipment will be assembling two WA1200's in the Elk Valley of BC over the next few months. First loads of parts are due to start arriving in the next couple weeks. First machine should be in the dirt by late July.

9. raolela

raolela Well-Known Member

sell used construction machines
    so big wheel loader, nice, in china, there is no any wheel loader like this.