• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

komatsu pc75 swing problem

wedigskook

today i went to load my pc75 on my trailer after its been sitting about 2 weeks and when i went to swing around the swing just stopped so i went to swing around the other way and its stopped at the same spot. i tried a couple times but same thing happened. not sure if there is a swing brake or where the lever is? any help

Silveroddo

Are you in a northern climate? Check the swing motor fluid. I've seen where one got moisture in it and it froze and caused a similar issue. Dont force it, ended up blowing a seal out but didnt do any seriouse damage.

wedigskook

yeah im in pa and its been below freezing pretty much all winter. i wasnt sure if there was a swing lock on the machine and i bumped it or if it got water in swing motor and froze, im not even sure where you check the oil on this machine i got it two weeks ago and the guy never sent me the manual which would of helped. thanks

Silveroddo

Behind the boom is a panel thats held on by 2 bolts (I think) remove that and you should see the swing motor and the dipstick. Thats the first thing I'd check, as I think if the swing lock (the manual one) is on its either on or its not, you shouldnt be able to move it. It could also be electrical I guess but the fact that it seems to travel to the same spot makes me question that. Unless theres somthing screwed up in the potentiometer system and the computer is locking it out at the point in the swing circle. Is it a z-boom model?

wedigskook

yes its a z boom i never seen anything in the cab to lock the boom i would think you would have to lock it facing forward or backward for the pin to line up. but i will pull the panel tomorrow and check the oil there could b a piece of ice or something in it. i know my buddys john deere 892 did the same thing when his broke some teeth off due to the motor bolts coming loose and causing the gear to bind and break. but i know its not that cuz i messed around with it here and there the last two weeks and it spun around.