• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komat'su PC60-7 --Just Purchased Used--Some Questions

Welder Dave

Standard safety glass can be drilled with special tooling but tempered glass is made with the holes premade. I prefer standard safety glass because if it breaks it doesn't shatter into a zillion pieces. It just cracks and is less expensive to replace. The curved tempered glass for equipment is usually very pricey especially if it also has holes in it.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've had glass drilled multiple times and then tempered for installation in pickup canopies. It's not a big deal. I don't recall any curved glass for any machine being drilled. As far as I know, most of the curved glass I've dealt with was polycarbonate.

Welder Dave

I seem to recall quite a few years I was in a tractor dealer and a customer was needing a new tempered glass window that was curved with a hole in it. It was over $1000 if I remember right. Looking online it appears holes can be put in tempered glass when it's in the annealed state before it's hardened. Standard safety glass like car windshields with the plastic inner layer is not too difficult for glass companies to drill.

Mark A Weiss

When I click through the part (item 33), it takes me to a page listing this glass, but the list of compatible machines does not include PC60. There's even an Amazon link. I'm asking over there, but typically they never answer questions. They list PC200 and several other models. Without exact dimensions, I can't tell if this will fit my machine.

I'm also looking for the latches that fit that glass. The links lead to "unavailable".

Last edited:

Mark A Weiss

Mark A Weiss

I took my chance and ordered the glass through a seller on Amazon.
I also ordered what looks to be the correct latches at Safe Harbor. I think there is left and right hand, so I ordered one of each. The listings are ambiguous about that though.
Weatherstripping should arrive today.. the glass on Wed or Frid.

Mark A Weiss

Feeling a bit of frustration with these rubber tracks.
Has one come off the sprocket while driving over ground with roots and some rocks sticking up a couple of inches. Spent 90 minutes with chains and winches to get that track back on.
Started to move the machine to my work area when the OTHER track came completely off. Ugh. It was starting to rain, so I will have to tackle this tomorrow.
The side that fell off now is the one with the new track adjuster. I was unable to release it by loosening the hex bolt as was the case with the original adjuster on the other side of the machine. It looks like the fitting has to be completely removed in order to release the pressure. On the old style adjuster, that would be very dangerous. On the new one, apparently that's the required method. A real pain because the fitting must be completely removed.
I need to put the car up on blocks to deal with this mess. That's for tomorrow.

John C.

Occupation
No the fitting does not have to be completely removed unless you have something real wrong. You better slow down and start looking closely at how the front idler is sitting in the track frame and maker sure there is nothing stuck in there that would hold the idler out.

Mark A Weiss

Well there's no ridge in the bolt for the grease to come out, like in the original adjuster. As it turns out, I had to take the nut completely out. Then the grease came out and I was able to push the idler in. What a pain though compared to the Komatsu adjuster! That one is easy--just a quarter turn and it releases the grease and the track loosens right away. This new adjuster isn't nearly as easy to use.

John C.

Occupation
All the Komatsu track adjusters are the same. They have a cone nose that seats into a beveled hole. Turning the component out any opens that hole and lets the grease flow out the side of the adjuster cylinder. I can't say what the problem is with what you got unless you post a photo of it.

Mark A Weiss

This is an after market track adjuster that North American Equipment sold me. Unlike my Komatsu adjuster, which has a hole drilled in the tapered bolt to pass grease, this one is solid. No ridge to let grease through. I've attached photo of when it was still strapped to my truck bed.Track adj new.png