• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu pc45 starts, won't operate, and wire smoking

PmdwTree

So i guess today our excavator took a big S***...gotta go tear up some concrete for a pour tomorrow.
Heres the issue, excavator starts up and will stay running but will not operate at all...its so frustrating. Did a job last week and blew a hose from back to front so we replaced it, then finished the job after three hours of a hose repair. During that repair we had to unbolt the whole floor under the seat to take out put the new hose back where it was. Came home moved some dirt around in our pig pen.
Now a week later(today) we start it up, the wires to the battery started smoking, so here again we are taking apart the floor to lift the seat and everytime we set the floor back down or move it, it smokes again...my husband is a mechanic by trade for over 40 years and cant figure it out at all...i made this account after I tried to google diagnose the issue but no luck at all.

Can anyone think of anything that might point us in the right direction?? This is our baby. Im desperate. Please and thank you. Much love to everyone out here doing their thang. Be safe.

Attachments

• 16006144267747243299976353007194.jpg
    16006144267747243299976353007194.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
So i guess today our excavator took a big S***...gotta go tear up some concrete for a pour tomorrow.
Heres the issue, excavator starts up and will stay running but will not operate at all...its so frustrating. Did a job last week and blew a hose from back to front so we replaced it, then finished the job after three hours of a hose repair. During that repair we had to unbolt the whole floor under the seat to take out put the new hose back where it was. Came home moved some dirt around in our pig pen.
Now a week later(today) we start it up, the wires to the battery started smoking, so here again we are taking apart the floor to lift the seat and everytime we set the floor back down or move it, it smokes again...my husband is a mechanic by trade for over 40 years and cant figure it out at all...i made this account after I tried to google diagnose the issue but no luck at all.

Can anyone think of anything that might point us in the right direction?? This is our baby. Im desperate. Please and thank you. Much love to everyone out here doing their thang. Be safe.
You have a short some where rubbed through . What dash number is your machine look at he serial number plate.