• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC138USLC-3 Galeo

Occupation
Retired want to be farmer
I purchased at auction a PC138USLC-2 Galeo and have a few questions! To the right side of the cab is a fill port that has a one inch long dip stick, what is this port? Clutch lubricant port? Rotating section line? Also what is the best easy to acquire lubricants fir hydraulics, transmission etc? Anyone else out there that has one of these and can share general information and field questions?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If you are talking to the outside of the cab behind the boom, that is the fill tube for the swing gear reducer. The dipstick should be on the other side toward the hydraulic oil tank. The little stub coming out of the cap on the fill tube isn't a dipstick at all. It's just something that Komatsu does. You should consider picking up an operation and maintenance manual.

Occupation
John, thank you for explaining that fill tube by the right side of the cab! My hydraulic tank is covered with a solid cover and no fill tube! It looks like someone has replaced the hydraulic tank with a generic cover plate with no fill port! Right above the tank they cut the fill hose and left it open to the air! You are absolutely correct about the manual! I already have one coming from eBay but it’s two weeks out! After unloading the machine off the truck it was parked in the location where it will be power cleaned, inspected, serviced, repairs made and cosmetic rust-buster and paint over the battle scars! Even the side door and battery door are damaged from operator error! Typical of larger construction jobs with multiple operators! This machine has on it an original Komatsu bucket that measures 39 inches across on the inside! Do you know if there is a smaller bucket that would work on this machine? I appreciate your comments and value your time! In a couple months I will put this machine to work removing stumps and building roads!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The hydraulic tank is supposed to have a cover. When new there were four rubber plugs covering the holes. Take out the plugs exposing the bolts and you can remove those with a 3/4" socket. The cap is underneath the cover. I don't know why Komatsu did that and always thought it kind of stupid when the manufacturer harped on about performing maintenance. But then again most of the other brands have nearly the same thing.

LACHAU

I purchased at auction a PC138USLC-2 Galeo and have a few questions! To the right side of the cab is a fill port that has a one inch long dip stick, what is this port? Clutch lubricant port? Rotating section line? Also what is the best easy to acquire lubricants fir hydraulics, transmission etc? Anyone else out there that has one of these and can share general information and field questions?
What's serial number of the machine???

PC138USLC-2 (1).png PC138USLC-2 (2).png

LACHAU

It's all-right. Attached files are 02 Operation Manuals for your choice.
Good luck.

Attachments

• PC138US-2 GALEO (JPN_5421UP)TEN00076-01 OP Manual.PDF
    9 MB · Views: 22
  • PC138US-2 GALEO (JPN_4501 up)TEN00003-00 OP Manual.PDF
    8.7 MB · Views: 15
Occupation
Greetings and thank you for the illustrated explanation of swing machinery lubrication! Any tips or information will certainly assist me working on and putting this older machine back into operation! The serial number is 1118!

LACHAU

Greetings and thank you for the illustrated explanation of swing machinery lubrication! Any tips or information will certainly assist me working on and putting this older machine back into operation! The serial number is 1118!
This attached file is correct operation & maintenance manual for your machine.
ScreenShot_20210208224856.png

Attachments

• PC138USLC-2 (JPN_1047~1500) SEAM035408T OP Manual.PDF
    7.1 MB · Views: 13
Occupation
Thank you so much! The section showing the required lubrication is great for me to start! Do you agree with using the 15W40 oils for motor and hydraulics? It does make sense when you think about the Hydraulics heating up in the summer time and still getting the protection needed with the 15W40! The SAE30 for the gearbox makes great sense with the heavy loads on the gears and bearings! I use Rotela 15W40 for my other Diesel engines and the shell oil called out is Rimura X? Google does not come up with anything using that description so I guess that’s a typo! Rimula seems to be the correct selection of words! If there is a better engine oil or hydraulics oil please share your opinion!

Occupation
Komatsu PC138USLC-2 update! I have received my illustrated parts manual and printed off the service manual as well as changed the oil filter, fuel filter, hydraulic filter and air filter and began the process of wire brushing, rust inverter and spray painting! I had power cleaned the unit for more than eight hours to remove layers of grease, dust and dirt and the cab was a disaster area! When I extended the bucket out to check and fill the hydraulic reservoir and then retracted it, I noticed hydraulic oil dripping out of the hydraulic controls area and onto the frame! Is this typical or should I remove the covers and look fir a hydraulic leak? The unit had been sitting for a month prior to operating! I looked at the hydraulics tree just inside the observation/small access four and no leaks were visible! Is it possible during the retracting process that oil hit the overflow during extending the boom? I need to open this area up regardless so if anyone has suggestions or cautions for cover removal over the hydraulic controls that would be appreciated!
I also have started the process of painting the cab and found the rollers on the door are all missing! Moving the door can be done with brute strength but repairs are needed! Even the door handle is missing for some reason! The door had been hit so hard the glass evidently was broken and replaced with plexiglass with RTV silicone to mount it! Are door parts available aftermarket or from Komatsu? It seems that replacing the glass on the door and lower front of the unit (sn:1118) may be complicated and require creativity! Thanks fir your comments and input! Pictures will be added when I next post!