• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC120-6 hyd seal ring

D55sam

G'day all,

I require a seal ring for the adjustable compensator valve in the auxillary valve segment. The seal is listed in the attached pic (item no.4) but no part number is supplied. I have talked to my local dealer with no luck in sourcing a part number.

I was wondering if anyone has a source for these solid square nylon type material seals. Or an alternative. I don't have the dimensions with me ATM but it would be approximately 10mm od and maybe 2mm section.

Yes I can get the whole valve as an assembly but it's pricey with a 2 week wait from overseas. I would like to confirm the missing ring is causing my issues before ordering the valve.

Machine is a late model PC120-6 s/no 63913

Cheers,
Sam
View attachment 282398

D55sam

I have tried the local hyd supply shop with no luck. I have been looking online but cannot find anything in a suitable material. I'm limited with options where i am here in aus. Was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction online somewhere. Cheers

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
To tell the truth, I've never had a problem with one of those cartridges and don't know how to help. The Komatsu dealer would just replace the cartridge if there was any question about it.

D55sam

Thanks John C.
I bought the machine with a few issues and have fixed a few problems but when I removed that valve there was only a little sliver of seal ring left in one of the grooves. I am having issues making full system pressure on all the valves except for the auxillary valve. I will remove the auxillary valve next time I am at the machine to ensure that is where my issue lies and if so then I will order a new cartridge.
Cheers,
Sam

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You might check the parts book for the regular cartridges and see if there is the same seal and it might have a part number on it.

D55sam

The regular cartridges don't have a seal on them. I resealed the complete valve assembly and didn't see anything else the same size anywhere else. I'll pull the aux valve off tomorrow and confirm that's where my issue lies and go from there.