• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu pc120-3 undercarriage interchange

Hey, I have a pc120-3 and it’s time to put on new sprockets and track chain. Problem I’m running into is the 120-3 chain and sprockets have been impossible to find state side. All I can find online is Chinese parts. Called my local komatsu dealer and they said parts have been discontinued. Does anyone know if the 120-3 can use 120-5 or 6 chain and sprocket?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I was told when I was working through a similar problem on a PC220-2 that the Dash 3 and Dash 5 track adjuster and front idlers were the same but I don't know that for a fact. I would suggest you get the pitch of the chain before you do anything else. Measure the distance between the valleys on the sprocket teeth or the distance between a couple of pins in the track to get something close. Maybe Mr. LACHAU has some info on your questions.

Does anyone have a good source for sprocket diagrams? Would like to compare the dash3 with the dash5 specs. Can’t find to much on the web