• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

~Komatsu PC UU2~Please help!!!!

Peter23

Hello,

Thinking of buying this excavator Komatsu PC UU2. The year is 1995 or 1998 he wasnt sure. Has around 4000 original hours and 200 on new motor. This will be my first excavator so any help would be greatly appreciated. When I was askig him what happened to the original motor he said that these motor ussually have a lifespan of 4000 hours???? Is this true???

He was asking 12K but may get it for 9K ^^

If anyone ever operated this machine would be great to get any feedback. Is the price good? Is it true that these motor last around 4000h???

Below is the link:::::::::: Please copy and paste the link!!!!!!

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...xcavator-at-a-decent-price-W0QQAdIdZ390622169

Thank You

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
I think it is a PC50-UU2, Good machine, if taken care of. Electric get wonky at that age. What happened to front blade, seems to be missing in side view photo, as the photos are poor quality, iIm not sure. Definitely have a heavy equipment mechanic examine and run machine before any cash involved.

Batkom

I have a Komatsu PC75UU2.
I am over 5700 hours on the clock, and the clock was not working when I bought it.
As far as I can tell its the original motor.
It runs absolutely great, fires up quick winter or summer, and runs clean, does not smoke diesel or oil.
So my guess is, it’s like any other motor, taken care of most last a long time.
Price seems good if it’s decent- but if it needs work and parts- they add up fast.
And at that age-if its anything like mine - it will need work n parts.