• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu password set

Joseph brown

Does anyone know how to set up the password on a new excavator it seems to be a secret:confused: cheers joe

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Komatsu used to have a problem with the password issue. Basically once it was set and forgot, you had to buy a new computer. There was no provision to have a master password or plug in to the system with a laptop to release the password or change it. Maybe that is different now. I'm sure someone will correct me if that has changed.

coalrulz

Joseph,
If your machine is a -8 or -10 there are two passwords:
1. Starter lock
2. Maintenance/Aux Flow
Which one are you wanting to use?

tdisport4r

Joseph,
If your machine is a -8 or -10 there are two passwords:
1. Starter lock
2. Maintenance/Aux Flow
Which one are you wanting to use?

Hi coalrulz,

In PC-8

You know to activate / de-activate password lock

1. starter lock

I have the code, but i want to disable it.

thank you in advance

coalrulz

tdisport4r,

PM me with you email address and I will give you the procedure to disable the start lock.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
@coalrulz last posted yesterday on the thread linked below, so he is around. If you get no reply try sending him a Private Message (PM) asking for help.